How to Reach Baguio
How to reach Baguio
- By Air: The nearest airport to Baguio is Loakan airport which is located at a distance of 20 kilometers from the city and can only service small planes and private landings due to its short runway and weather conditions. The nearest major airport is Clark International Airport. This airport has international and domestic flights from Angeles, Philippines and is approximately 175 kms from the center of Baguio, Philippines.
- By Bus: If you are landing at Clark Airport, there are a number of buses that transfer passengers to Baguio at convenient intervals. From Manila, a bus ride to Baguio takes about 4 to 6 hours. There are a number of buses that get to Baguio from nearby cities of Angeles, Vigan, and Baler etc.
- By Car: Baguio is accessible via flawless roads from Manila, Quezon and La Union too. The drive is scenic and takes lesser time to reach than a bus.
- Jeepneys: Jeepneys are shared taxis that are extremely popular as a means of transportation in Baguio. They are colorful and quirky and travelling in them would help visitors capture the spirit of Baguio beautifully. They are basically like small buses that ply on almost every street in Baguio. You can board a jeepney when it's parked at a stop or by flagging one down as they drive past.
- By Taxi: Taxis are plentiful and affordable in Baguio. You can even choose to rent one for the whole day. If you feel like driving around yourself on your Baguio vacation, you can even explore the option of renting your own car for your stay in the city. All Baguio taxi cabs are painted white and have proper identification markings on them. Maximum capacity in each taxi is 5 persons.
Modes of Transportation in Baguio
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Baguio. The most preferred mode of transport in Baguio is Car.
Average distance: 4.53 km Average time: 31.67 min
Car 66.67%Driving 17.5 min Overall average time for 4.3 kms 17.5 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 45 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 5 kms 60 min