Located on the Kern River, Bakersfield is one of the important cities in the state of California. With a population of 365,000, Bakersfield is known as the ninth most populous city in California. Bakersfield is a historical city and therefore, you will find a number of museums and galleries here. While the 16-acre museum of Kern County provides a deep insight into the local history, the Buena Vista Museum of Natural History presents a wide knowledge about geology. If you want to know how wealthy California is in flora and fauna, you must visit California Living Museum.
Bakersfield has a big metropolitan area. Owing to this fact, there are a number of industries and firms in the city. Apart from being an important part of the state of California from economic and industrial perspectives, Bakersfield has also developed as a wonderful tourist destination. People from around the world and different parts of the United States visit the city to explore its insightful museums, culture, and natural landscapes. Another special thing that this city is famous for is its music which is called the “Bakersfield Music”. The kern River Delta has been home to the Native Americans since long. The proximity of San Joaquin Valley and Sierra Nevada add another charm to the city. Bakersfield is a also a getaway to Sequoia National Forest and the mountaineers can head to Tehachapi Mountains from the city. The hot climate and fertile soil of Bakersfield is perfect for growing various crops. With plenty of historical sites, entertainment venues, and modern infrastructure, Bakersfield has been a favorite destination to many.
Essential travel information and Bakersfield tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Currency: American Dollar
- Electricity and Internet: The standard voltage is 127 to 230 V and frequency is 50 Hz.
- Languages: Private Internet Service Providers
- Bakersfield Police Department: (661) 327-7111
- Bakersfield Fire Department: (661) 326-3911
- Bakersfield Heart Hospital: (661) 316-6000
- City of Bakersfield Recreation & Parks: (661) – 326-3866
- Emergency Water & Fire Damage: 1 (877) 435-8117
- Bakersfield Freeways: (661) 326-3811
- Tipping: Tipping is optional in Bakersfield. However, it is largely appreciated.
- Security: Emergency Number- 911
Bakersfield Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Bakersfield. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Bakersfield trip planner.