Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational AreaCurrently Open
- Address: 13601 Ironbark Rd, Taft, CA 93268, USA, 93311, Bakersfield, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Fishing, Landmarks, Parks
Located around 37 kilometres to the south west of Bakersfield downtown area, Buena Vista aquatic area cover an expanse of 6,800 acres! The area is best known for being a popular fishing ground and for offering activities like jet skiing, boating and camping. The place has 112 campsites located on an horse-shoe shaped area. The site is frequented by locals during weekends and the nearby Lake Evans is loved for sailing, boating and fishing as well. The trout population here is high and you can fish for some of the best trout here around the city.
If you love nature, take a leisurely walk here amidst the lush-green terrain by the lake or simply find a cosy spot to lay down a picnic basket and soak up the sun as you read a book.
Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
Entrance Ticket Details For Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area
- Daily Entry, each motor vehicle, 1-10 persons: USD 7.00/day
- Daily Entry, each motor vehicle, 11-20 persons: USD 9.00/day
- Daily Entry, each motor vehicle, 21+ persons: USD 12.00/day
- Persons entering by other means: USD 2.00 per person/day
- Annual Entry Permit: USD 100.00/year
- Senior Citizen’s Annual Entry Permit (age 62+): USD 30.00/year
- Dogs - limit 2 dogs per motor vehicle (Guide & Service Dogs exempt): USD 5.00 per dog/day
Day Use Boating Fees – Lake Webb and Lake Evans
- Daily Fee: USD 7.00/day
- Daily Fee with Kern County All Lakes Annual Boat Permit: no charge
- Dealers with Kern County Dealer’s Lake Permit: no charge
Boat Permit Fees
- Annual Boat Permit – All Lakes – motorized: USD 60.00/year
- Annual Boat Permit – All Lakes - non-motorized: USD 30.00/year
Fishing Fees - Trout Fishing Season (November through April – Lake Evans only)
- Adults: USD 6.00 each
- Children (15 years & younger): USD 1.00 each
For other prices, visit the official website.
How to Reach Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area
- By renting a car/ bike.
- By Taxi
- By taking a cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bakersfield before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bakersfield and book an accommodation of your choice.