The Crystal Palace and Museum is a music hall built in the 1990’s that became one of the most privileged places for live country music. The owner of the place was Buck Owens- an American songwriter, singer and musician who ruled the billboards country music charts. Buck wanted to make a high-end place where country music could be performed.
Even though the place is known as a museum, the Crystal Palace is actually a great restaurant with foot tapping entertainment. Some of the most iconic artists have performed here and famous national television specials were filmed here too.
This place has a special charm for Buck fans with amazing memorabilia, a range of guitars- a Pink Fender telecaster, a tri-colour Gibson, limited edition Buck Owens guitar made by Fender and a guitar that was gifted to Buck by Ray Bensen, all take the spotlight here. The place also showcases a number of suits that became iconic to his personality and career.
Apart form its rich pop history and true Americana ambience, the place has become one of the best restaurants in the city. Try the Angus steaks, slow cooked baby-back ribs and chicken steaks served here. The place also serves delicious burgers and pizzas and has a good wine menu too. If you are here for the weekend, do not miss out on the Sunday brunch.
Entrance Ticket Details For Crystal Palace And Museum
- Prices vary for every show. You can book the show tickets online.
Crystal Palace And Museum Hours
Country Store/ Box Office hours:
- Tuesday- Thursday: from 3:00 pm till close
- Friday & Saturday from 3:00 pm till close
- Sunday from 9:30 am till 1:00 pm
- Tuesday – Thursday: from 5:00 pm till 9:00pm; Dinner served till 8:45 pm
- Friday & Saturday from 5:00 pm till 11:00 pm; Dinner served till 10:00 pm
- Sunday Brunch: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Closed: Sunday evenings and Mondays.
How to Reach Crystal Palace And Museum
- By Bus: Buck Owens & Sillect
- By renting a car/ bike.
- By Taxi
- By taking a cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bakersfield before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bakersfield and book an accommodation of your choice.