Funicular35 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mehdi Huseyn St, Baku, Azerbaijan Map
- Tags: Family And Kids, Funicular
Essentially a cliff railway, the Funicular is a connecting between the Martyrs' Lane and Neftchilar Avenue, that are Baku’s two landmarks of prime importance, among others. This attraction further holds significance owing to the fact that it is Azerbaijan’s first and only funicular system, with its opening dating back to the year 1960. It stretches over a length of 455 meters and features a maximal speed of 8.2 feet per second. The transport system is however criticized for not being very punctual.
How to Reach Funicular
- Alley of Martyrs The Alley of Shaheeds Bus Station; Buses: 18
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Baku before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Baku and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Funicular Address: Mehdi Huseyn St, Baku, Azerbaijan
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!