Gunung KawiCurrently Closed
- Address: Banjar Penaka, Tampaksiring, Gianyar, Tampaksiring, Bali 80552, Indonesia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +62878-62216435
- Ticket Price: 15000 IDR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
This 11th century temple is located in the Tampaksiring. It is a huge complex comprising of10 rock-cut shrines. This is a Hindu temple dedicated to King Anak Wungsu of the Udayana dynasty and his favorite queens. The temple has two major influences of Hindu and Buddhist culture. Set in a scenic forest and terraced rice fields, this temple is a worth visit o your trip to Bali.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Peace of religious places should be maintained at all times.
- Photography without permission is prohibited.
- Guides are available, but be careful as they might try to rib you off.
- You have to climb around 300 steps, so wear comfortable shoes.
- When you are visiting the temple, you are required to wear sarong and shawl tie at the waist.
- Show respect to the traditions followed in the temple.
- Maintain tranquility.
- For adults (including sarong): 15000Rp
- For kids (including sarong): 7500Rp
- For parking: 2000Rp
- The temple is open daily :7am – 6pm.
- By hired car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.45% of people who visit Bali include Gunung Kawi in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
43.64% of people start their Gunung Kawi visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gunung Kawi
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gunung Kawi