Gunung Payung Beach101 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jalan Gunung Payung 1, Nusa Dua, Kuta Selatan, Kutuh, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Leisure
Taking its name from the temple up on the cliff, the Pura Dhang Kahyangan Gunung Payung, this beach isn’t the easiest to access, but is definitely worth getting to. Approach the cliffs past the temple and look for a long flight of steps that lead down - about 300 of them - and remember that you’ll have to climb all those steps back up. The remote location and the difficult access keep both the normal number of tourists and vendors away, creating a Hidden Gem. There are usually very few people here. The reefs out in the water create a natural wave break, which means these crystal clear waters are relatively calm. There is a small cave here too. Obviously, this is not a good beach for watersports.
How to Reach Gunung Payung Beach
- Drive to here.
- Come by taxi, bemo or ojek.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gunung Payung Beach Address: Jalan Gunung Payung 1, Nusa Dua, Kuta Selatan, Kutuh, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia
- Gunung Payung Beach Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Gunung Payung Beach(preferred time): 06:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Gunung Payung Beach: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.47% of people who visit Bali include Gunung Payung Beach in their plan
31.25% of people start their Gunung Payung Beach visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gunung Payung Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gunung Payung Beach
People normally club together Mengiat Beach and Nyaman Gallery while planning their visit to Gunung Payung Beach.