How to Reach Bali
- By Air: The Ngurah Rai International Airport, also known as Denpasar International Airport is well-connected to Australia and the countries from South-east Asia. There are several domestic flights to Bali from all the major Indonesian cities.
- By Bus: Travel to Bali by Bus as it has direct bus routes from Java and Lombok where the journey also includes a ferry ride. There are many bus companies operating on the route.
- By Boat: Bali is well-connected by waterways to Java, Lombok, Kuta, Sanur and Gili islands. Several speedboats operate on the route. The Bali tourism guide recommends double-checking the ferry service as some aren’t properly maintained. The public ferries are comparatively efficient.
- By Bus: This is the cheapest way to get around the island and several companies operate on different routes across the major tourist destinations on the island. Trans Sarbagita government bus service is an air-conditioned bus service with nominal fares.
- By Taxi: Taxis are very common Bali transportation and it is cheaper if you hire the taxi for a day trip. One way costs are slightly higher as you have to pay 30% of the fare as a return fare. Metered taxis are generally available but it is Bali tour guide suggests to pre-decide on the fare.
- By Bemo: A traditional Bali transportation, Bemo is a minivan that runs throughout the islands and is easy to find. It acts as an alternative to the bus service and is also known as shuttle bus service.
- By Self-drive car or Motorbike: There are many car rental companies available in Bali where you can hire a car to drive around the island and explore tourist places to visit. The Motorbike is also a good way to get around if you are travelling alone.
- By Rented car: Can rental is available easily and most of the times, the driver doubles up as a guide. The price includes the rent for the day, the driver’s fee and the petrol charges.
- By Bicycle: A great way to explore the island, there are many shops that sell and rent the bicycles. Also, some hotels have a facility of free bicycles for its customers.
|Ubud to Bali||0.55 km|
|Denpasar to Bali||8.57 km||8 mins|
|North kuta to Bali||13.19 km||13 mins|
|Kuta to Bali||14.24 km||14 mins|
|South kuta to Bali||15.42 km||15 mins|
|Tabanan to Bali||15.7 km||15 mins|
|Banyuwangi to Bali||100.64 km||1 hour 40 mins|
|Lombok to Bali||155.82 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Surabaya to Bali||285.82 km||4 hours 45 mins|
|Malang to Bali||293.48 km||4 hours 53 mins|