Monkey Forest14698 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jalan Wenara Wana, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +62-361971304
- Ticket Price: 40000 IDR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Wildlife Sanctuary , Resort
Also known as Mandala Wisata Wanara wana in local Sanskri language, this forest sanctuary is a secluded and beautiful resort for monkeys. The green foliage and the breezy walking path makes you want to visit this forest again and again. There are around 140 macaques in the forest that happily call it a home and you get to feed them and observe their daily life.
There are actually 3 holy temples within its compound. The closest one to the entrance gate is Pura Prajapati which is used for cremation ceremony for the deceased. A little walk further will bring you to the staircase that leads you down to the Holy Bathing Temple at the nearby stream. The most important temple is probably the Pura Dalem Agung which is a local temple for Padangtegal villagers. During my visit, there was a ceremony being held at Pura Dalem Agung.
The Monkey Forest in Bali is a sanctuary especially for macaque monkeys of the area. This forested area also has a number of temples in its complex. Monkey Forest ticket prices are not very expensive but because of the popularity of the attraction expect a lot of people waiting in queues. Buy tickets for Monkey Forest online to not waste any time in lines. Monkey Forest tickets can also be purchased in combination with tickets for Monkey Forest tours for attractive discounts and offers.
Monkey Forest Travel Tips
- Be careful while feeding the monkeys as they tend to be violent at times.
- Some part of the forest, like the temple area is not accessible for public visit. it is only available for who are willing to pray and wear proper Balinese praying dress.
Entrance Ticket Details For Monkey Forest
- Adult: 40,000Rp(3 USD)
- Children: 30,000 (2.25USD)
Monkey Forest Hours
- Ticket office : 8:30am – 5:30pm
How to Reach Monkey Forest
- By rented car or motorbike
- Tropical Seafood & Grill - an International Restaurant
- Coffee and Copper
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.37% of people who visit Bali include Monkey Forest in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
35.19% of people start their Monkey Forest visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Monkey Forest
91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monkey Forest