Put on your hiking shoes and start your expedition to this wonderful volcanic mountain in Indonesia. Apart from being the highest mountain on the Bali Island, this mountain also has a religious significance because of the holy ‘Mother of Besaikh temple’ that’s located uphill. Pura Pasar Agung is also one of the nine directional temples of Indonesia which is at the start point of the trek. The Selat valley area is a feast for the eyes and pays off for the entire effort of trekking. This place is a must-visit for adventure lovers! Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bali itinerary 3 days.
- Not suitable for kids, senior citizens or people facing some medical problems.
- Carry ample food, drinks as per your necessity, there are no shops and restaurants on the way to the hill.
- Maintain peace at the temple.
- The local guides charge around 35 to 85 USD which includes all arrangements like transportation to and from the hotel.
- The trek starts late at night and the view of the sunrise from above is unbeatable.
- Hired car, taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.57% of people who visit Bali include Mount Agung in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
45.71% of people start their Mount Agung visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Mount Agung
92.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Agung