Mount BaturCurrently Open
- Address: Jl. Raya Penelokan, Kintamani, Batur, Bangli, Kintamani, Bali 80518, Indonesia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Hiking Trail, Ancient Ruin, Rock Climbing
This scenic area is the gift of spectacular volcanic eruption of Mount Batur 10,000 years ago which has resulted into a beautiful deep crater lake and bubbling hot water springs. The Batur Lake is adjacent to Mount Batur and is picturesque. The volcano is still active and hence, the Pura Ulun Danu has been relocated which was initially on Mount Batur. Hiking and camping activities are carried out here. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bali itinerary 3 days.
Mount Batur Travel Tips
- Accommodations are available in all ranges.
- Guided tours are available.
- Several eateries and restaurants are available.
- Shops and stores selling local produce are available.
- Always hire guides from Bali and do not fall prey to the people claiming to be guides at expensive rates near the area.
- Stay safe and travel in groups.
- Carry your hiking equipment.
- Wear hiking shoes as you need to walk a lot.
- Jackets and long pants are recommended as the temperature on such high altitude is quite low.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mount Batur
- Free entry
Mount Batur Hours
- Early morning hours are recommended to watch the mesmerizing sunrise.
- The trek is generally conducted at night and sunrise view is unmissable.
How to Reach Mount Batur
- By Taxi, rented Car, Tourist Bus
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.47% of people who visit Bali include Mount Batur in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
24.84% of people start their Mount Batur visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Mount Batur
93.69% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Batur