Nusa Lembongan Island, BaliCurrently Open
- Address: Mushroom Beach, Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia, Bali
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 18:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Forest, Island, Village, Bridge, Family And Kids
About Nusa Lembongan Island, Bali
This is the more popular of the three islands separated from Bali by the Badung Strait. The waters surround the beaches here are excellent for surfing, diving, and snorkelling. Seaweed farming is a thriving industry on the island. The main attractions of the island are:
- Devil’s Tears: The most dramatic sight on the island, where massive waves crash with thundering fury onto limestone cliff. Some has described it as watching the entire sea throwing a tantrum
- Dream Beach: just to the west of Devil’s Tears, said to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the whole country, but it’s best to wait until the day trippers have left. Surfers will enjoy the wild waters
- Sandy Bay (Sunset Beach): As the name says, visit for dramatic sunsets, white sands and wild waters
- Mushroom Beach: this is the main harbour for the island.
- Jungut Batu Beach: Cheap eats, cheap hotels. There is nowhere better than the Jungut Batu beachfront for sunsets. Head up to the Bukit, or the hill, for some incredible views
- Mangrove Forest: found on the north of the island. It’s best to take a boat tour to see it
- Lembongan Village: the main population centre of the island, where the locals of the island live
- Yellow Bridge: a fragile looking construct that connects this island to Nusa Ceningan island
Trivia: once upon a time the people of Bali used to consider these islands as a source of black magic and banish their least desirable to here. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bali itinerary 3 days.
Nusa Lembongan Island Information
- Boat tickets can be checked and booked at Gilibookings or Gilitickets.
- There are no gas stations on this island. Gasoline for your motorcycle must be purchased by the bottle on the street.
Nusa Lembongan Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Day trippers from Bali usually head back between 2pm and 3pm.
How To reach Nusa Lembongan Island by Public Transport
- Take a boat from Sanur Beach at the end of Jalan Hangtuah.
- Other places to get onto a boat: Benoa Harbour, Padang Bai and Kusamba.
- From Nusa Penida, take boats from Toyapakeh or Buyuk Harbour.
- Charter boats can also be arranged.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nusa Lembongan Island
1.6% of people who visit Bali include Nusa Lembongan Island in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
66.67% of people plan their visit to Nusa Lembongan Island between 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 14 Hrs to see Nusa Lembongan Island
92.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nusa Lembongan Island
Nusa Lembongan Island, Bali Reviews
Good place, my second home.
Beautiful beach on Lembongan. The second, smaller part of the beach just past the Mushroom beach bungalows is picturesque. At times you can be the only person on the beach. Perfect spot for surfing. The only pity is all the trash that can be seen on the beach and in the water. P.s buy a drink from the bar and you can use their infinity pool. Perfect for cooling down after a long day tanning on the beach. The barman is a cool guy.
Good beach for an amazing sunset! Gets a bot busy during the day and not the cleanest beach on the island.
Nice beach. Crowded with boats until late afternoon. At low tide go just around the corner to the right for access to a "secret beach".
Beautiful place, a little bit crowdy becauce of the boats and ferrys. If you want to ride the Banana-boat, don't choose the one with the Rubber Boat. He does only one short round, only 2 Minutes!