Nusa Penida Island, BaliCurrently Open
- Address: Nusa Penida Island, Bali, Indonesia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
About Nusa Penida Island, Bali
Wilder and larger than its more touristically developed cousin island, Nusa Lembongan, this island is fast developing more and more interest among the visitors to Bali. It is currently most famous as a major bird sanctuary, though it is also known for its rugged coastline, top-notch dive sites, and 200 square kilometers of forest to trek.
The highlights of the island are:
- Angel's Billabong and Broken Beach
- Giri Putri Cave
- Peguyangan Waterfall
- Crystal Bay: White sands and terrific snorkelling
- FNPF Bird Sanctuary: Bali’s most successful programme to save the Balu starling from extinction
- Goa Karang Sari: Limestone cave of religious significance with interesting rock formations
- Pura Penataran Ped: An important temple and pilgrimage destination for Hindu Balinese
- Puncak Mundi: The highest location on Nusa Penida, 521 meters above the sea
- Sebuluh Waterfall
- South Coast Cliffs: Dramatic karst formations
- Tembeling Forest: The only remaining virgin rainforest on the island
- Diving spots at Crystal Bay, Manta Point, Manta 66, Toyapakeh, Gamat Bay, Ped
How To reach Nusa Penida Island by Public Transport
- Charter boats to Nusa Penida at Sanur, Kusamba or Padang Bai. There are multiple departure times through the day, and you can also charter your own boat.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nusa Penida Island
2.68% of people who visit Bali include Nusa Penida Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
60.88% of people start their Nusa Penida Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 10 Hrs to see Nusa Penida Island
93.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nusa Penida Island
Nusa Penida Island, Bali Reviews
Amazing experience to visit here, u can feel the vibes around you, a beautiful magnificent view. It's like sit comfortably and see the natural beauty of world.
One of the most beautiful places I have ever visit. If you ever go to Bali, Indonesia you must visit Nusa Penida.
Really good island where to do scuba diving. U can see the manta rays and good corals as well !
Very nice view to calm your mind. But the road is horrible. I recommend you to stay in the island's cottage than take it as a one day trip.
This place was very nice and has great view. I can suggest you going there. This is pretty island