Nusa Penida IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Nusa Penida Island, Bali, Indonesia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
Nusa Penida Island - Review
Wilder and larger than its more touristically developed cousin island, Nusa Lembongan, this island is fast developing more and more interest among the visitors to Bali. It is currently most famous as a major bird sanctuary, though it is also known for its rugged coastline, top-notch dive sites, and 200 square kilometers of forest to trek.
The highlights of the island are:
- Angel's Billabong and Broken Beach
- Giri Putri Cave
- Peguyangan Waterfall
- Crystal Bay: White sands and terrific snorkelling
- FNPF Bird Sanctuary: Bali’s most successful programme to save the Balu starling from extinction
- Goa Karang Sari: Limestone cave of religious significance with interesting rock formations
- Pura Penataran Ped: An important temple and pilgrimage destination for Hindu Balinese
- Puncak Mundi: The highest location on Nusa Penida, 521 meters above the sea
- Sebuluh Waterfall
- South Coast Cliffs: Dramatic karst formations
- Tembeling Forest: The only remaining virgin rainforest on the island
- Diving spots at Crystal Bay, Manta Point, Manta 66, Toyapakeh, Gamat Bay, Ped
How To reach Nusa Penida Island by Public Transport
- Charter boats to Nusa Penida at Sanur, Kusamba or Padang Bai. There are multiple departure times through the day, and you can also charter your own boat.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nusa Penida Island
4.37% of people who visit Bali include Nusa Penida Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
59.18% of people start their Nusa Penida Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 10 Hrs to see Nusa Penida Island
93.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nusa Penida Island
Nusa Penida Island Map
Nusa Penida Island Trips
Nusa Penida Island, Bali Reviews
This island still has the reputation of being 'Bali of old'. Nothing could be further from the truth. Penida is still quiet but is developing very rapidly. It is a lovely place to visit, okay a few small hassles exist but they do not worry me in the slightest. The electricity going dead or a bad WiFi signal are not really a big deal.
Beautiful island that you can enjoy together with friends or family. You can also do diving and snorkelling here because the sea is very clean and you can meet Mantas!
Nusa Penida is stunning! There are so many beautiful things to explore and the people on the island are mostly very kind. I hope it will stay a paradise and I wish that the locals and tourist will clean up a little better in future.
Beautiful island however bring cash as the arms in the island could be empty and still decide to charge you. Overall loved it here but felt a bit stressed with the lack of develop on the island.
Extremely nice nature, extremely bad roads, not too many tourists (yet). We could not find a working ATM, so bring cash! Scooter rental is a must, but due to road quality, advanced skills and special care is needed.
All QuestionsNusa penida island
- Playas Air Strip
- Playas Medical Building Heliport
- Mattamuskeet Library
- Swan Quarter Christian Church
- Swanquarter Baptist Church
- Swanquarter National Wildlife Refuge
- Lake Mattamuskeet Pump Station
- Tunnell Farms
- Wildfowler Lodge
- Soule United Methodist Church
- God's Tabernacle Church Of God In Christ
- Job's Chapel Baptist Church
- Hyde Transit
- Christ Church
- Swan Quarter Christian Church Parsonage