Nusa Penida Island
Tours for Nusa Penida Island
About Nusa Penida Island, Bali
Wilder and larger than its more touristically developed cousin island, Nusa Lembongan, this island is fast developing more and more interest among the visitors to Bali. It is currently most famous as a major bird sanctuary, though it is also known for its rugged coastline, top-notch dive sites, and 200 square kilometers of forest to trek.
The highlights of the island are:
- Angel's Billabong and Broken Beach
- Giri Putri Cave
- Peguyangan Waterfall
- Crystal Bay: White sands and terrific snorkelling
- FNPF Bird Sanctuary: Bali’s most successful programme to save the Balu starling from extinction
- Goa Karang Sari: Limestone cave of religious significance with interesting rock formations
- Pura Penataran Ped: An important temple and pilgrimage destination for Hindu Balinese
- Puncak Mundi: The highest location on Nusa Penida, 521 meters above the sea
- Sebuluh Waterfall
- South Coast Cliffs: Dramatic karst formations
- Tembeling Forest: The only remaining virgin rainforest on the island
- Diving spots at Crystal Bay, Manta Point, Manta 66, Toyapakeh, Gamat Bay, Ped
How To Get To Nusa Penida Island by Public Transport
- Charter boats to Nusa Penida at Sanur, Kusamba or Padang Bai. There are multiple departure times through the day, and you can also charter your own boat.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Nusa Penida Island Tickets And Tours
Experience the unspoilt charms of the peaceful tropical island of Lembongan. Transfer in comfort to Lembongan Island aboard the luxury catamaran 'Bali Hai II' and spend the day relaxing on golden sands, swimming in lagoon pools or there is an array of activities for you to enjoy.
The perfect introduction to Bali's fascinating culture and handicrafts, picturesque rice paddy fields, traditional villages and a spectacular lake and volcano. Your journey takes you to Batubulan, known for its stone carving and ornate temples, here you will see the exciting Barong Dance. A traditional dance that portrays the eternal struggle between good and evil, the religious and the profane and with a dramatic ending.
Discover unspoiled Bali on a tubing adventure in the Payangan region, where a crystal-clear stream flows through a hidden canyon. After an off-road vehicle ride through the jungle, youâll drift down the Siap river on your own inflatable tube and delight in a variety of plants and animals, including tropical flowers, rare species of birds and monkeys. In the middle of the canyon, experience the Flying Fox zipline (or take the alternate wooden footpath) before enjoying a scrumptious buffet lunch on dry land!
Escape Bali for a day and spend it on the turquoise waters of Nusa Lembongan, a small, low, protected island about 7 miles (11 km) southeast of Bali, just across the Badung Strait. After arriving by comfortable, air-conditioned catamaran, youâll anchor at a private pontoon where you can enjoy a variety of water activities, including a waterslide, banana boat rides and snorkeling. You can even take a small boat to the island for a tour, if you wish. This family-friendly tour includes snacks, a buffet lunch and hotel transport.
Share your experience - Rate Nusa Penida Island, Bali
So happy we could see this island before the tourism will probably destroy it! The people here are just amazing and they literally make you want to be a better person. Only spent 2 days there but crossed the island on a scooter and the experience was astonishing.
A great Paradise to explore. Every corner has a hidden surprise. Road to the surprise is not in very good condition.. drive carefully
Highly recommend taking the boat ride from Bali here. Great way to spend the day. Lots of snorkeling
It's a beautiful island BUT the roads are even for very experienced motorbike drivers a challenge. I have seen people tumble over a ledge and get seriously hurt, just before Crystal Bay where the road has a 45 degree angle downward. Very unsafe. If you rent a motorbike insist to get a helmet too. Not for the police but for your health. Many roads very damaged. You have to zigzag around the holes. Transportation and boat trips are ridiculous expensive on the island.
An island still almost completely untocluched by tourism. The renting of motorbikes is like dealing with the mafia though as they have a stranglehold on the rental of bikes here! The roads are half resurfaced, and half in atrocious condition, so care is needed when trying to navigate the island. Stunning untouched beauty..I doubt that will last many more years!
- Nearby Attractions
- Kintamani Highland
- Legian Beach
- Nusa Lembongan Island
- Danau Batur
- Gitgit Waterfall
- Tampak Siring
- Padang Padang Beach
- Legian Street
- Museum Trick Art 3D
- Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- 5 Star Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- Budget Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- Cheap Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- Luxury Hotels Near Nusa Penida Island
- Bali Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Bali
- 2 Days in Bali
- 3 Days in Bali
- 4 Days in Bali
- 5 Days in Bali
- 6 Days in Bali
- 7 Days in Bali