Nusa Penida IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Nusa Penida Island, Bali, Indonesia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
Nusa Penida Island - Review
Wilder and larger than its more touristically developed cousin island, Nusa Lembongan, this island is fast developing more and more interest among the visitors to Bali. It is currently most famous as a major bird sanctuary, though it is also known for its rugged coastline, top-notch dive sites, and 200 square kilometers of forest to trek.
The highlights of the island are:
- Angel's Billabong and Broken Beach
- Giri Putri Cave
- Peguyangan Waterfall
- Crystal Bay: White sands and terrific snorkelling
- FNPF Bird Sanctuary: Bali’s most successful programme to save the Balu starling from extinction
- Goa Karang Sari: Limestone cave of religious significance with interesting rock formations
- Pura Penataran Ped: An important temple and pilgrimage destination for Hindu Balinese
- Puncak Mundi: The highest location on Nusa Penida, 521 meters above the sea
- Sebuluh Waterfall
- South Coast Cliffs: Dramatic karst formations
- Tembeling Forest: The only remaining virgin rainforest on the island
- Diving spots at Crystal Bay, Manta Point, Manta 66, Toyapakeh, Gamat Bay, Ped
How To reach Nusa Penida Island by Public Transport
- Charter boats to Nusa Penida at Sanur, Kusamba or Padang Bai. There are multiple departure times through the day, and you can also charter your own boat.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nusa Penida Island
0.99% of people who visit Bali include Nusa Penida Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
58.54% of people start their Nusa Penida Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see Nusa Penida Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nusa Penida Island
Nusa Penida Island Trips
2 Views12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Bali, Sanur, Nusapenida from SydneyBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Bali, Sanur, Nusapenida
Nusa Penida Island, Bali Reviews
Breathtaking views of this island. The best picturesque place. Magnificent sea views, lovely beaches. Wonderful scenary behind every photo. Another Bali in the making. Penida is gaining recognition with many tourists pouring in to this place. Ensure hotel reservations before planning for vacation to this spot. Nice place for recreation.
Nice place, quiet and genuine. The good locations are unfortunately quite crowded... If you are spending a time in Bali and you want to change, it is worthwhile to get there otherwise, if you have enough time, go definitely in Flores !
Island very nice to visit, the beaches are awesome. Roads to most of the nice beaches are is a disaster state. Forget riding a motor bike to go to Broken beach. It's off roaring stuff.
This is paradise, I can't even think of the words to describe this place... it's just beautiful.
This place is not ready for tourists..super bumpy roads, lack of food options, and a lot of tourists at the main view points. Nice manta rays at manta bay. Do a day tour if you must but don't sleep there