Nusa Penida Island, Bali
Nusa Penida Island, Bali - Address
Address: Nusa Penida Island, Bali
Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Island, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Nusa Penida Island, Bali
Wilder and larger than its more touristically developed cousin island, Nusa Lembongan, this island is fast developing more and more interest among the visitors to Bali. It is currently most famous as a major bird sanctuary, though it is also known for its rugged coastline, top-notch dive sites, and 200 square kilometers of forest to trek.
The highlights of the island are:
- Angel's Billabong and Broken Beach
- Giri Putri Cave
- Peguyangan Waterfall
- Crystal Bay: White sands and terrific snorkelling
- FNPF Bird Sanctuary: Bali’s most successful programme to save the Balu starling from extinction
- Goa Karang Sari: Limestone cave of religious significance with interesting rock formations
- Pura Penataran Ped: An important temple and pilgrimage destination for Hindu Balinese
- Puncak Mundi: The highest location on Nusa Penida, 521 meters above the sea
- Sebuluh Waterfall
- South Coast Cliffs: Dramatic karst formations
- Tembeling Forest: The only remaining virgin rainforest on the island
- Diving spots at Crystal Bay, Manta Point, Manta 66, Toyapakeh, Gamat Bay, Ped
How To reach Nusa Penida Island by Public Transport
- Charter boats to Nusa Penida at Sanur, Kusamba or Padang Bai. There are multiple departure times through the day, and you can also charter your own boat.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nusa Penida Island, Bali Reviews - Write a Review
So happy we could see this island before the tourism will probably destroy it! The people here are just amazing and they literally make you want to be a better person. Only spent 2 days there but crossed the island on a scooter and the experience was astonishing.
A great Paradise to explore. Every corner has a hidden surprise. Road to the surprise is not in very good condition.. drive carefully
Highly recommend taking the boat ride from Bali here. Great way to spend the day. Lots of snorkeling
It's a beautiful island BUT the roads are even for very experienced motorbike drivers a challenge. I have seen people tumble over a ledge and get seriously hurt, just before Crystal Bay where the road has a 45 degree angle downward. Very unsafe. If you rent a motorbike insist to get a helmet too. Not for the police but for your health. Many roads very damaged. You have to zigzag around the holes. Transportation and boat trips are ridiculous expensive on the island.
good ..tour good service tnanks l like join us