Pantai Tulamben8 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tulamben, Kubu, Tulamben, Karangasem, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Waterfront, Family And Kids
The beach at Tulamben Village alone would not have made this place such an attractive destination, nor would its beautiful sunrises. After all, Bali has many beaches. The true attraction of this beach lies underwater. Here is the spot where the 1963 eruption of Mt. Agung drove the wreck of the USAT Liberty, a US Army Transport ship sunk by a torpedo from a Japanese submarine in 1942. Twenty five meters out from the shore and only thirty meters below the surface, the coral encrusted wreck is easy to reach for snorkelers and scuba divers. You’ll find more than small and colorful fish here. Large animals such as whale sharks and hammerhead sharks are also present. The beach at Tulamben is made not of sand, but of large, smooth stones. The best time go diving is in October and November. You can rent diving or snorkelling gear in the village.
How to Reach Pantai Tulamben
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Pantai Tulamben Address: Tulamben, Kubu, Tulamben, Karangasem, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80852, Indonesia
- Pantai Tulamben Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Pantai Tulamben(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Pantai Tulamben: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.04% of people who visit Bali include Pantai Tulamben in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
95% of people start their Pantai Tulamben visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pantai Tulamben
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pantai Tulamben
People normally also visit Jemeluk Beach while planning their trip to Pantai Tulamben.