Taman Kertha Gosa15 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Semarapura Kelod, Klungkung Sub-District, Klungkung Regency, Bali 80761, Indonesia Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
This royal court complex is all that remains of the 17th century Klungkung regency, destroyed by the Dutch in 1908. Once upon a time this was the seat of the most powerful kingdom on the island. The Kertha Gosa Pavilion was the high court of the land, and is known for its ceiling paintings of judgement and the afterlife. In 1908, a punitive colonial attack by the Dutch led to the death of Dewa Agung Jambe II, the suicide of his wives, and the massacre of many locals.
The highlights of the complex are:
- Puputan Klungkung Monument: monument to the 1908 Dutch attack on Bali,
- Taman Kertha Gosa: the Royal Pavilion where cases were judged
- Museum Semarajaya: contains artefacts, photographs, and an exhibit on salt making, and an exhibit on the 1908 puputan event
- The palace gate, bearing the date Saka 1622 (AD 1700)
- Bale Kembang, the floating pavilion, surrounded by the pond known as Taman Gili
How to Reach Taman Kertha Gosa
- Drive to here.
- Take a taxi, bus or ojek to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Taman Kertha Gosa Address: Semarapura Kelod, Klungkung Sub-District, Klungkung Regency, Bali 80761, Indonesia
- Taman Kertha Gosa Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Taman Kertha Gosa(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Taman Kertha Gosa: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.07% of people who visit Bali include Taman Kertha Gosa in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75% of people start their Taman Kertha Gosa visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Taman Kertha Gosa
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Taman Kertha Gosa
People normally club together Blue Lagoon Beach and Pura Besakih while planning their visit to Taman Kertha Gosa.