West Bali National Park118 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sumber Klampok, Gerokgak, Buleleng Regency, Bali, Indonesia
- Phone: +62-36561060
- Ticket Price: 240000 IDR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
Mostly covering the Prapat Agung Peninsula and a small offshore island called Menjangan, the 190 acre park is an important natural reserve. There are over 160 species of bird here including the nearly extinct by Bali starling. This bird was the reason the park was created in the first place. Other animals you can expect to find here include Indian muntjac deer, Wild boar, leopard cats and Javan Rusa. There are two activities to partake in at the park and it is hard to do both of them on the same day. You can either hike or explore the Park's Forest Trails (having an official guide is mandatory). The trees are more deciduous than tropical. And you can go snorkeling and diving in the waters around Menjangan Island. You can also take a boat out to Gilimanuk Bay. A very small percentage of the Park is open to the public.
West Bali National Park Travel Tips
- Check in at the park PHPA office for directions. You can find them at the village of Cekik, and at Labuan Lalang.
- Usually the best way to check this National Park is by guided to her.
- The best time to visit the park is between August and December.
- Snorkelling or diving expeditions around the park must be arranged for at the Labuan Lalang Station.
- Bring your own water, lots of it.
Entrance Ticket Details For West Bali National Park
- Permits to enter the park for hiking cost RP40000 and can be had at the ranger stations.
- Guides: Rp.350,000 for a two hour hike.
- Entry Fees: Rp 200,000 per person.
- Gilimanuk Bay trips + guide: Rp 450,000 per hour.
West Bali National Park Hours
- It take 2 hours to cover any one trail or trip of the park.
How to Reach West Bali National Park
- By Car
- Get to Menjangan Island via chartered boat from the beach at Labuan Lalang.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bali before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bali and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.52% of people who visit Bali include West Bali National Park in their plan
34.78% of people start their West Bali National Park visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see West Bali National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting West Bali National Park