Falls Park139 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 131 E Falls Park Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA, United States
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6053677430
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
The Falls Parkis one of the first buildings to be built in the city. A gorgeous waterfall (the main falls) is a highlight of the park while the Queen Bee Mill, Observation tower, Seney Island located upstream at the main waterfall, the Horse barn that dates back to the 19th century(currently used for art exhibits) and the fabulous ‘Falls Overlook Cafe’, offer a relaxing time as you take in the beautiful view all around.
The ‘Phillips to the falls’ walking/driving route caters to hikers while the many permanent sculptures that adorn the whole space, add a lovely touch to the greenery. If you are in the city during winter season, do visit the park to experience its romantic charm when the gorgeous lights cover the whole place.
Falls Park Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes and if you are visiting to see the Christmas lights, make sure you have some extra warm clothes on.
Entrance Ticket Details For Falls Park
- Great Falls Park Vehicle Permit: USD 10
- Great Falls Park Individual Permit: USD 5 per person.
Free entry on:
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- April 16-24: National Park Week
- August 25-28: National Park Service Birthday Weekend
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- Admission to Great Falls Park is for three consecutive days.
- Entrance fees are due during all hours of operation, unless it is a posted Free date.
Falls Park Hours
Visitor center hours
March 31 - April 27:
- Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
April 28 - May 25:
- Daily: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
May 26 - September 3:
- Daily: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Falls Overlook Cafe:
- Open daily: 11.00 am – 3.00 pm (hours may change every season).
- For other hours, visit the official website.
How to Reach Falls Park
- By Bus: Weber (east side) at Falls Park Entrance
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sioux Falls before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sioux Falls and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.68% of people who visit Sioux Falls include Falls Park in their plan
47.06% of people start their Falls Park visit around 05 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Falls Park
93.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Falls Park