Falls Park139 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 131 E Falls Park Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA, United States
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6053677430
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
The Falls Parkis one of the first buildings to be built in the city. A gorgeous waterfall (the main falls) is a highlight of the park while the Queen Bee Mill, Observation tower, Seney Island located upstream at the main waterfall, the Horse barn that dates back to the 19th century(currently used for art exhibits) and the fabulous ‘Falls Overlook Cafe’, offer a relaxing time as you take in the beautiful view all around.
The ‘Phillips to the falls’ walking/driving route caters to hikers while the many permanent sculptures that adorn the whole space, add a lovely touch to the greenery. If you are in the city during winter season, do visit the park to experience its romantic charm when the gorgeous lights cover the whole place.
Falls Park Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes and if you are visiting to see the Christmas lights, make sure you have some extra warm clothes on.
Entrance Ticket Details For Falls Park
- Great Falls Park Vehicle Permit: USD 10
- Great Falls Park Individual Permit: USD 5 per person.
Free entry on:
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- April 16-24: National Park Week
- August 25-28: National Park Service Birthday Weekend
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- Admission to Great Falls Park is for three consecutive days.
- Entrance fees are due during all hours of operation, unless it is a posted Free date.
Falls Park Hours
Visitor center hours
March 31 - April 27:
- Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
April 28 - May 25:
- Daily: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
May 26 - September 3:
- Daily: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Falls Overlook Cafe:
- Open daily: 11.00 am – 3.00 pm (hours may change every season).
- For other hours, visit the official website.
How to Reach Falls Park
- By Bus: Weber (east side) at Falls Park Entrance
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sioux Falls before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sioux Falls and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.84% of people who visit Sioux Falls include Falls Park in their plan
47.06% of people start their Falls Park visit around 05 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Falls Park
93.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Falls Park
Falls Park Reviews & Ratings
Great place. It's fun to walk around and see the whole park from different angles. Don't think it makes much difference if the waters I or if the water is low. Bring some fishing gear enjoy fishing see what you can Catch. Picnic tables if you want to bring a lunch with you. There is a building By the foot bridge There is a building by the bridge that you can go on and get food ice cream something to drink and a lot of table space. Go see the park and enjoy yourself.
I'm so glad we stopped here. Well maintained park, plenty of visitors. Some like us: on the way back from Yellowstone, some on the way to:) The power of nature-water in this case- is amazing. Some places allowed closer access to the water, as in to the very edge. Some are a bit farther. One can still get splashed with water! they even from which the view is great. Visitors center mainly focuses on selling nick knacks, all made in China. Bathrooms could be nicer. We walked up to the mill, unaware there are some cool ruins in the back. We wish we knew
Amazing falls with several layers each of which are quite impressive. The falls were way better than I had expected. So close to the interstate. Definitely worth the stop. In fact if you don't stop you are really missing out on one of the best falls in America. Do your self a favor and see this.
Love walking around here. A must see when the water in the area is high. It's great they keep adding and improving. They recently added additional walkways and railings. Not only is it a place to visit in the summer, but around Christmas they have a wonderful light display!
This is one of natures most spectacular accomplishments. Absolutely beautiful. My gorgeous girlfriend and I had a great time visiting here and bought some great gifts. Everybody there is so polite and helpful. We will definitely visit there again.