Falls Park, Sioux Falls
About Falls Park, Sioux Falls
Falls Park, Sioux Falls - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 131 E Falls Park Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA
Ticket Price: 5 USD
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 1K times in trip plans
Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Falls Parkis one of the first buildings to be built in the city. A gorgeous waterfall (the main falls) is a highlight of the park while the Queen Bee Mill, Observation tower, Seney Island located upstream at the main waterfall, the Horse barn that dates back to the 19th century(currently used for art exhibits) and the fabulous ‘Falls Overlook Cafe’, offer a relaxing time as you take in the beautiful view all around.
The ‘Phillips to the falls’ walking/driving route caters to hikers while the many permanent sculptures that adorn the whole space, add a lovely touch to the greenery. If you are in the city during winter season, do visit the park to experience its romantic charm when the gorgeous lights cover the whole place.
Falls Park Information
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes and if you are visiting to see the Christmas lights, make sure you have some extra warm clothes on.
Falls Park Ticket Prices
- Great Falls Park Vehicle Permit: USD 10
- Great Falls Park Individual Permit: USD 5 per person.
Free entry on:
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- April 16-24: National Park Week
- August 25-28: National Park Service Birthday Weekend
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- Admission to Great Falls Park is for three consecutive days.
- Entrance fees are due during all hours of operation, unless it is a posted Free date.
Falls Park Opening and Closing Hours
Visitor center hours
March 31 - April 27:
- Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
April 28 - May 25:
- Daily: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
May 26 - September 3:
- Daily: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Falls Overlook Cafe:
- Open daily: 11.00 am – 3.00 pm (hours may change every season).
- For other hours, visit the official website.
How To reach Falls Park by Public Transport
- By Bus: Weber (east side) at Falls Park Entrance
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sioux Falls before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sioux Falls and book an accommodation of your choice.
Falls Park, Sioux Falls Reviews - Write a Review
The Falls is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Love The natural water falls. The park extremely will kept. I'd suggest going in the summer time. I was there in late October and it was very windy and cold. Definitely a go to place of ever in Sioux Falls, SD
Its FREE. This is one of those place where you can make a quick stop as you are going through Sioux Falls, or you can take a couple hours to take in all of the scenery. They have very nice picnicking areas, for small families or large groups. They also have a visitor center/gift shop with a look out tower.
Very photogenic waterfall. Lit up at night for added drama. Warm clothing recommended when visiting in the cooler months, especially at night.
Absolutely beautiful park. A must visit if in Sioux Falls. The walking paths are well maintained and the waterfalls are spectacular to see. Was a little crowded when we were there but still worth it!
Its just a beautiful breath of fresh air .. The history of the falls they have at diff. Locations in the park is very informational & it almost takes you back to that time .. The sounds of the falls it self is relaxing and so Beautiful.. ..If you havent been too Falls Park I recommend You go..
- Nearby Attractions
- Parts Express
- 131 E Falls Park Dr
- Argus Leader Media
- South Dakota Penitentiary: Control Room-penitentiary
- Corn Palace Gift Shop
- Humane Society Adoption Center
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls Arena
- Sioux Falls Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Sioux Falls
- What to See in 48 Hours in Sioux Falls
- What to See in 72 Hours in Sioux Falls
- How to Spend 5 Days in Sioux Falls
- How to Spend 6 Days in Sioux Falls
- How to Spend 7 Days in Sioux Falls