Falls ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 131 E Falls Park Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA, United States
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6053677430
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids
The Falls Parkis one of the first buildings to be built in the city. A gorgeous waterfall (the main falls) is a highlight of the park while the Queen Bee Mill, Observation tower, Seney Island located upstream at the main waterfall, the Horse barn that dates back to the 19th century(currently used for art exhibits) and the fabulous ‘Falls Overlook Cafe’, offer a relaxing time as you take in the beautiful view all around.
The ‘Phillips to the falls’ walking/driving route caters to hikers while the many permanent sculptures that adorn the whole space, add a lovely touch to the greenery. If you are in the city during winter season, do visit the park to experience its romantic charm when the gorgeous lights cover the whole place.
- Carry bottled drinking water.
- Do wear sturdy shoes and if you are visiting to see the Christmas lights, make sure you have some extra warm clothes on.
- Great Falls Park Vehicle Permit: USD 10
- Great Falls Park Individual Permit: USD 5 per person.
Free entry on:
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- April 16-24: National Park Week
- August 25-28: National Park Service Birthday Weekend
- September 24: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- Admission to Great Falls Park is for three consecutive days.
- Entrance fees are due during all hours of operation, unless it is a posted Free date.
Visitor center hours
March 31 - April 27:
- Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
April 28 - May 25:
- Daily: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
May 26 - September 3:
- Daily: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Falls Overlook Cafe:
- Open daily: 11.00 am – 3.00 pm (hours may change every season).
- For other hours, visit the official website.
- By Bus: Weber (east side) at Falls Park Entrance
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sioux Falls before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sioux Falls and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.77% of people who visit Sioux Falls include Falls Park in their plan
47.06% of people start their Falls Park visit around 05 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Falls Park
93.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Falls Park
This is a beautiful park. The falls, bridges, and rock formations make for awesome photo opportunities from all sorts of angles. The observation tower, the overlook, and cafe building also provide some surprisingly spectacular views of the entire park and surrounding area.
Love walking through the Christmas falls but two suggestions. 1. You need a hot chocolate/coffee shop. 2. You need to do little exhibits along the way. Even groups of carolers would be fun. Lots of people walking. If more to look at, will stay around longer.
This is THE most amazing attraction in Sioux Falls, it is a must see if you are on vacation, or get a chance to drive through. There are many walking trails throughout the entire park, a bridge right in front of the big rapids, and several platforms to get different vantage points of this incredible piece of nature. Absolute must stop and see if you are in or near Sioux Falls!
Nice park. My wife and I stopped on a road trip out west. Park was an interesting mix of tourist spot and local hangout. It's worth checking out because it's free, but you don't need to spend a day there.
This is an amazing time! The lights and music are always a wonderful time around Christmas. It's even better to go when it's snowing.