American Visionary Art Museum1650 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 800 Key Highway, Baltimore, MD 21230, United States, 21230
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4102441900
- Fax: +1-4102445858
- Ticket Price: 16 USD
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Social, Arts, Museums
This is America’s National museum for raw and intuitive Art. The beautiful museum in an equally beautiful setting, the mission is to be beautiful inside out. The government granted this small piece of land in the name of the museum on a condition that the organizers and officials will clean the copper junk from a former factory as well as the waste of a whiskey refinery. The team went on to finish this task successfully, thus gaining the title of the National Museum.
The museum now covers a huge area with thousands of permanent exhibits. This includes works of famous visionary artists such as Ho Baron, Nek Chand, Howard Finster, Ted Gordon, Gregory Warmack, Clyde Jones, Leonard Knight, William Kureleck, Mary Proctor, Leo Sewell, Judith Scott, Vollis Simpson, Ben Wilson and many others. Another specialty of this museum is that there is no permanent curator in here. They bring guest curators to enhance the charm of the various shows held here. This is altogether one of the most popular attractions of the city.
American Visionary Art Museum Travel Tips
- No luggage or food is allowed in the museum.
- Photography is not allowed in the museum.
- It is an ideal place for school trips.
Entrance Ticket Details For American Visionary Art Museum
- USD 13.95 (60 years and up).
- USD 9.95 (student/ children).
- Free for the children under 6 years and below.
- Brio Tuscan grille
- Rusty Scupper Restaurant and Bar
- The Cheesecake factory
- Blue Agave Restaurant
- The James Joyce Pub
- Fleming’s Pine Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Baltimore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Baltimore and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Baltimore include American Visionary Art Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
37.44% of people start their American Visionary Art Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see American Visionary Art Museum
53.19% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting American Visionary Art Museum