Fell's Point, Baltimore
Fell's Point, Baltimore - Address
Address: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 15K times in trip plans
Restaurant, Entertainment, Square, Family And Kids, Festival
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Fell's Point, Baltimore
If you want to get an insight into how life used to be here during the 18th century, then you should definitely visit this place. This is also an important water front city square which holds much of the maritime essence of the past. The square is also known to be the center where most of the shops, bars, restaurants, antique stores and other important shopping arenas are built. At present it is also the area of the upper middle and higher class people who have settled down here. They also put all efforts to conserve the rich history of the place.
The Fell’s Point was earlier known as the Long Island Point, the reason for which is the fact that it is a thin piece of land that juts out along the harbor. It is known to be the place where most of the early immigrants who were Irish came down and settled. It still has those white bricked houses and buildings that were common in earlier times. The shops and eateries selling antiques and traditional food make the charm come alive once again.
The main festivals celebrated here are the
- Fell’s Point Fun Festival: This week long festival witnesses a huge crowd and lots of food, fun and music. This festival starts in October and the purpose is to raise funds for the maintenance and the awareness of the Fell’s Point.
- Fell’s Point Privateer Festival: This is a weekend long festival that starts in April and is to keep alive the maritime past of the city.
- Fell’s Point Olde Times Christmas Festival: This is the beautiful Christmas Festival that attracts many tourists who come to participate in the color and fun of the festival.
Restaurants Near Fell's Point
- Kali’s Court Mediterranean Restaurant
- Tapas Adela Restaurant
- Thames Street Oyster House
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant
- Pierpoint Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Baltimore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Baltimore and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fell's Point Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Baltimore
Fell's Point, Baltimore Reviews - Write a Review
Great area in Baltimore with tons of popular local bars and restaurants. There's also some pretty good views nearby too. Great place for a night out with friends or a date night. Either way you have plenty of options here.
Standard pub fare...and crab cakes. Outdoor seating can be noisy these days with construction in the harbour.
I love it here you can be yourself interact with people and have fun eat good food
Great atmosphere! Reminds me of Boston's Haymarket