Fell's PointCurrently Open
- Address: Baltimore, Maryland, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Restaurant, Entertainment, Square, Family And Kids, Festival
Fell's Point - Review
If you want to get an insight into how life used to be here during the 18th century, then you should definitely visit this place. This is also an important water front city square which holds much of the maritime essence of the past. The square is also known to be the center where most of the shops, bars, restaurants, antique stores and other important shopping arenas are built. At present it is also the area of the upper middle and higher class people who have settled down here. They also put all efforts to conserve the rich history of the place.
The Fell’s Point was earlier known as the Long Island Point, the reason for which is the fact that it is a thin piece of land that juts out along the harbor. It is known to be the place where most of the early immigrants who were Irish came down and settled. It still has those white bricked houses and buildings that were common in earlier times. The shops and eateries selling antiques and traditional food make the charm come alive once again.
The main festivals celebrated here are the
- Fell’s Point Fun Festival: This week long festival witnesses a huge crowd and lots of food, fun and music. This festival starts in October and the purpose is to raise funds for the maintenance and the awareness of the Fell’s Point.
- Fell’s Point Privateer Festival: This is a weekend long festival that starts in April and is to keep alive the maritime past of the city.
- Fell’s Point Olde Times Christmas Festival: This is the beautiful Christmas Festival that attracts many tourists who come to participate in the color and fun of the festival.
Restaurants Near Fell's Point
- Kali’s Court Mediterranean Restaurant
- Tapas Adela Restaurant
- Thames Street Oyster House
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant
- Pierpoint Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Baltimore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Baltimore and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fell's Point
95% of people who visit Baltimore include Fell's Point in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
43.59% of people start their Fell's Point visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Fell's Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fell's Point
Fell's Point, Baltimore Reviews
It was an okay place if you like to party nd drink.i really didn't enjoy it much because I don't drink so all I could really do is walk around looking at a bunch of bars nd people sitting on the sidewalks at tables drinking nd eating..i did see a couple store that sold clothes
Great area in Baltimore with tons of popular local bars and restaurants. There's also some pretty good views nearby too. Great place for a night out with friends or a date night. Either way you have plenty of options here.
Standard pub fare...and crab cakes. Outdoor seating can be noisy these days with construction in the harbour.
I love it here you can be yourself interact with people and have fun eat good food
Great atmosphere! Reminds me of Boston's Haymarket