This is an internationally known aquarium. It has now been merged with the sister museum of the same name that was in Washington. The mission of this non- profit organization is to conserve aquatic animals and provide them with a safe habitat.
The aquarium boasts of a number of a number of different types of exhibits such as-
- Pier 3 Pavilion: This is a 5 level building that can be reached by escalators. Each floor has a particular theme and among these the most attractive are the Atlantic Ocean reef and the open ocean.
- Blacktip Reef: This place has a theme of an Indo Pacific reef with some very large marine species. Among these the most popular are a calypso and a green sea turtle.
- Maryland: This place is the home to native Maryland species. These include painted turtle, wood turtle, American bullfrog, Rosyside dace, feather blenny, etc.
- Surviving through adaptations: This part consist animals which possess abilities that they have adapted for survival. These animals are electric eel, chambered nautilus and Giant Pacific octopus.
- Upland Tropical Rain Forest: This part features animals such as golden lion tamarin, scarlet ibis, sunbittern, white tailed trogon, blue crowned motmot, blue gray tanager, blue poison dart frog, sloth.
- Shark Alley: This area includes different types of sharks such as sand tiger sharks, sandbar sharks, nurse sharks, sawfish, etc.
- Dolphin Discovery: This place has a complete open air pavilion with a pool. Here you will find 8 bottle nosed dolphins and you can feed and play with them also.
- Jellies’ Invasion: This part features the 9 types of jelly fishes.
- Animal Planet Australia: This area of the zoo features various beautiful native Australian tropical rainforest animals.
The aquarium has been awarded as one of the top 10 aquariums in the world and also as the best aquarium in the US.
National Aquarium Travel Tips
- Ticket prices and hours are subject to change under certain circumstances. It is good if you check the details immediately prior to your visit.
- Do not miss the lovely dolphin and other animal shows that are organized here.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Aquarium
- USD 21.95 (3-11 years).
- USD 29.95 (above 65 years).
- Free for infants under 3 years.
- USD 5 for 4D immersion film.
How to Reach National Aquarium
- Bus numbers 007, 010, 011, 030 and 031 till Park Street and Market Place.
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Brio Tuscan Grille
- Five Guys Burgers and fries
- Dick’s Last Resort
- Phillips Seafood
- Rusty Scupper Restaurant and Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Baltimore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Baltimore and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Baltimore include National Aquarium in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
64.46% of people start their National Aquarium visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Aquarium
83.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Aquarium
National Aquarium Reviews & Ratings
How do I purchase tickets online?Answer Report Abuse
Online Tickets are available on the official website of National Aquarium.Report Abuse
Hello. I plan to attend the Aquarium this coming Sunday, I'm a Senior and sometimes need to use my rolling walker (rollator). I want to know if I'd be allowed to use it inside of the Aquarium? I remember a time when strollers weren't allowed.Answer Report Abuse
I think rolling walkers are still not allowed. Only wheelchairs are can be used inside the aquarium. But it would be better to call them on 410-576-8745 to confirm.Report Abuse