- Address: Altes Rathaus, Obere Brücke 1, 96047 Bamberg, 96047, Germany
- Phone: +49-0951871871
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Landmarks, Monuments And Memorials
On an artificial island in the middle of the bridge, perched over the River Regnitz, boldly stand the old town hall of Bamberg.The Altes Rathaus has been an attraction in Bamberg since 1386. The town hall was reconstructed between 1744 and 1756.The magnificent frescos over the façade illustrate how the town was built over the island. The building is well decorated with allegorical paintings on both sides and beautifully designed in baroque architecture. The Altes Rathaus is popular for its beauty and is a recommended visit in the city of Bamberg.
Altes Rathaus Travel Tips
- Carry your camera because you may want to take pictures.
- Ticket prices and timings are not available.
How to Reach Altes Rathaus
- BTB Tourist Special Train GmbH
- Complex Train Ltd.
- Omnibusverkehr Franken GmbH
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bamberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bamberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bamberg include Altes Rathaus in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
31.93% of people start their Altes Rathaus visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Altes Rathaus
69.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Altes Rathaus