Bamberg CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: Domplatz 5, 96049 Bamberg, Germany
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-9515022512
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
The Bamberg cathedral stands beautifully as a centerpiece over the Dom hill dressed in a combination of Romanesque and Gothic architecture. The cathedral has two choirs and is home to various magnificent art works including sculptures from the Hohenstaufen era, the famous statue of the Bamberg Rider, an altar by Veit Stoss, the laughing angel, allegorical figures of the Synagogue and more. The cathedral is a peaceful getaway exhibiting a spectacular view of the city from the hill.
Bamberg Cathedral Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available to the cathedral.
- Guided tour timings: 10 am – 2 pm.
- The Cathedral is closed every Saturday from May to October from 11.45 am to 12.45 pm for the organ concerts.
- Visitors are not allowed during services.
- The historical museum is just a walk away.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bamberg Cathedral
- Adults: €4, Concessions: €3
- Children under 15: free
How to Reach Bamberg Cathedral
- Bus: Omnibusverkehr Franken GmbH
- Train: BTB Tourist Special Train GmbH , Complex Train Ltd.
- Ambrausianum GmbH
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bamberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bamberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bamberg include Bamberg Cathedral in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.62% of people start their Bamberg Cathedral visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bamberg Cathedral
55.34% of people prefer walking in order to reach Bamberg Cathedral