The diocesan museum emanated from the Bamberg Cathedral. It is home to a rich collection of liturgical objects, relics, paraments and books from the Bamberg Cathedral treasures. The Imperial Star Cloak which was once gifted to Emperor Heinrich II is a major highlight of the museum. Various rooms in the museum exhibit very informative displays along with an audio guide.
Diocesan Museum Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available every Saturday at 3 pm.
- Audios are available in different languages at the museum. However, the information in other languages is minimal.
- You cannot take photographs in the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Diocesan Museum
- Adults: €4, Concessions: €3
- Children under 15: free
How to Reach Diocesan Museum
- Bus: Omnibusverkehr Franken GmbH
- Train: BTB Tourist Special Train GmbH, Complex Train Ltd.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bamberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bamberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.17% of people who visit Bamberg include Diocesan Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
53.26% of people start their Diocesan Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Diocesan Museum
93.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Diocesan Museum