St Michael's MonasteryCurrently Open
- Address: Michaelsberg 10f, 96049 Bamberg, Germany Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery , Hill
The monastery is situated at the peak of the hill exhibiting a magnificent view of the city of Bamberg. The city is built over seven hills each with a church at its peak. The St. Michael's Monastery holds the highest altitude in comparison with the other peaks. Built in Romanesque style, the church initially was of a Benedictine monastery. A tomb of the bishop Otto of the city that belongs to the year 1443 lies behind the altar in the church. The church is beautifully maintained with spectacular paintings on the ceiling and walls.
St Michael's Monastery Travel Tips
- Crawling through the hole of the tomb is believed to be beneficial for back aches.
How to Reach St Michael's Monastery
- Train: BTB Tourist Special Train GmbH , Complex Train Ltd.
- Bus: Omnibusverkehr Franken GmbH
- Da Francesco Restaurant
- Restaurant Cafe Michaelsberg
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bamberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bamberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St Michael's Monastery Address: Michaelsberg 10f, 96049 Bamberg, Germany
- St Michael's Monastery Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit St Michael's Monastery(preferred time): 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit St Michael's Monastery: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
64.84% of people who visit Bamberg include St Michael's Monastery in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
53.51% of people start their St Michael's Monastery visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St Michael's Monastery
82.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Michael's Monastery
People normally club together Bamberg Altstadt and Theater Der Schatten Or Norbert Gotz while planning their visit to St Michael's Monastery.