St Michael's MonasteryCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Michaelsberg 10f, 96049 Bamberg, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, View Point, Observatory, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Monastery , Hill
The monastery is situated at the peak of the hill exhibiting a magnificent view of the city of Bamberg. The city is built over seven hills each with a church at its peak. The St. Michael's Monastery holds the highest altitude in comparison with the other peaks. Built in Romanesque style, the church initially was of a Benedictine monastery. A tomb of the bishop Otto of the city that belongs to the year 1443 lies behind the altar in the church. The church is beautifully maintained with spectacular paintings on the ceiling and walls.
- Crawling through the hole of the tomb is believed to be beneficial for back aches.
- Train: BTB Tourist Special Train GmbH , Complex Train Ltd.
- Bus: Omnibusverkehr Franken GmbH
- Da Francesco Restaurant
- Restaurant Cafe Michaelsberg
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bamberg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bamberg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bamberg include St Michael's Monastery in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
53.51% of people start their St Michael's Monastery visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St Michael's Monastery
82.08% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Michael's Monastery