Are you looking for what to do in Bamberg?
PLACES TO SEE
Bamberg is replete with exciting sightseeing and activities sufficient for you to enjoy your trip to the city. The city covers seven beautiful hills with a castle or cathedral on each hill. You definitely would never run out of activities or attractions in the city to complete your day. A few fun things to list in the city of Bamberg include
- The old town: Bamberg Altstadt is the Old town area in the city of Bamberg which served as a crucial link with the Poland and Pomerania Slav people. The old town is replete with exquisite architectural structures, shops, magnificent historic buildings, palaces, market area, walking streets, cafes and more.
- Rose Garden at the New Residenz: New Residenz is a beautiful old building located right opposite the Alteshofhaltung (Old Court). Initially the residenz was used as a home for the Bamberger prince bishops.
- Alte Hofhaltung: The Alte Hofhaltung that translates to the ‘Old Court’ is a historic attraction in the beautiful city of Bamberg. The Alte Hofhaltung area comprises of former houses and farm buildings that belong to the Episcopal palace from the 15th century.
- Klein Venedig: Commonly known as ‘Little Venice’ is the riverside area where the biggest folk festival of Bamberg, the Sandkerwa is celebrated.
- Diocesan Museum: The diocesan museum emanated from the Bamberg Cathedral. It is home to a rich collection of liturgical objects, relics, paraments and books from the Bamberg Cathedral treasures.
- Bamberg Cathedral: The Bamberg cathedral stands beautifully as a centerpiece over the Dom hill dressed in a combination of Romanesque and Gothic architecture.
THINGS TO DO
- Adventure: You can always indulge in fun activities like a renting a bicycle to explore the city. Hiking over the seven hills or going for a tour to make your visit to the breweries and various attractions more informative.
- Shopping: Gruner Markt and Maximilian Platz in Bamberg are replete with shops selling a variety of good stuff. The Christmas store is the city is completely worth the visit with its decorative pieces on sale. The breweries, antique shops and gift shops are perfect to help you return with Bamberg souvenirs.
- Nightlife: The city of Bamberg has a sparkling nightlife with plenty of bars, pubs and clubs that play good music. If you are a party animal, you are sure to enjoy the parties of this city.
Below we have a list of things to do in Bamberg and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bamberg getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bamberg with confidence.