Visit Bandhavgarh National Park - Best of Bandhavgarh National Park
A short ride from Delhi, the Bandhavgarh National Park is best known for its Tiger reserve, wild-life Sanctuary, ancient ruins and historic caves. In between the natural views all around, you are left with the story of kingdoms when Moghuls captured the fort of the Bandhavgarh Hill and forests that are home to tall Sal and Bamboo trees. The tranquil forest pathways are best explored by local Jeeps that offer thrilling Safari rides of the national park.
Initially only one male tiger ‘Charger’ and one female Tigress ‘Sita’ (who was featured on National Geographic) called the park their home. Today, the number of Bengal Tigers has grown and more often than not, you will find a majestic Tiger crossing your way on your Safari. The fact that your Guide will personally know the Tigers who cross your way, gives the Safari rides a personal touch.
The forested areas are home to other wildlife as well- from Nilgai, the Gaur, Sambar, Sarus Cranes, Striped Hyena, Caracal, Cheetal, Spotted deer, Butterflies, Reptiles to over 250 species of birds. If you love animals, the Bandhavgarh National Park is the perfect vacation spot for you. Add to that the beautiful contrast of the forested areas that are home to these animals, and you have one of the most picturesque sights for wildlife photography. The numbers of resorts that are located here truly offer an immersive vacation- with the lodging being a part of the Tiger reserve and cabin rooms that are surrounded by wilderness.
With so much to offer, the Bandhavgarh National Park does multiply the tourism of Madhya Pradesh. However, amidst all the popular places to see, you are left with tranquil spots where the majestic creatures live in perfect harmony with each other. To witness their casual presence, is almost surreal and is an experience paralleled by none other.
Bandhavgarh National Park Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Bandhavgarh National Park tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC + 530 hours
- Currency: INR (Indian National Rupee)
- Electricity and Internet: Voltage is 240 Volts with a 50 Hz frequency.
- Free internet is available at most hotels. 4G mobile internet has just been launched in India.
- Languages: Hindi and English are spoken in majority while other tribal languages are a spoken in minority.
- Bandhavgarh National Park 24 hours helpline: + 91 9212777223 / 9212553107
- Police Station Number near Bandhavgarh National Park: 100 / +91-7653-222225
- Railway Inquiry Number: +91-7653-222213
- Director of Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve: +91-7653-222214
- Divisional Forest Officer: +91-7653-222217
- Civil Hospital Telephone Number: +91-7653-22341
- Primary Health Center Telephone Number: +91-7653-33505
- Tipping: Usually the bills at restaurants come with a service charge. If not, you can tip 15 % of the bill or simply round off the amount.
- Tourist Traps: Do ask the hotel you are staying at for arranging the safari ride to avoid confusion and over charging.
- Temples are considered a holy place and you will need to remove footwear before entering.
- Do dress appropriately for the rides and carry warm clothes in the winter season.
- Wearing sturdy shoes will be helpful.
- Greeting people with a small ‘Namaste’ will be appropriate.
Are you looking for a Bandhavgarh National Park travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Bandhavgarh National Park Tourist Information
Bandhavgarh National Park Itineraries
1437 Views2 Days 1 Night2 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from IndoreBy: Rohit Chavane
25 Views7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from Westfield
41 Views5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from Chennai
31 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from Bengaluru
41 Views5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from KolkataBy: Arindam Ghosh
115 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from HyderabadBy: Abhijeet Chandra
Popular Hotels in Bandhavgarh National ParkView all Hotels in Bandhavgarh National Park
More about Bandhavgarh National Park
Complete Guide to Jungle Safari in IndiaComplete Guide to Jungle Safari in India: Best Jungle Safari in India: Check out these Top destinations in India for experiencing wildlife.