Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves, Bandhavgarh National ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Bandhavgarh Hill, Bandhavgarh National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9212777223
- Ticket Price: 4300 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
About Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves, Bandhavgarh National Park
The Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves are located in the Bandhavgarh Hill and consist of 39 caves covering an area of 5 kilometers. The oldest caves date back to the 1st century and several caves even carry historic scripts and embossed figures carved out onto the walls. The highlight is the ‘Badi Gufa’ that dates back to the 10th century and is the largest cave in the complex with 9 rooms.
In spite of the massive archeological data from the site, the caves still remain a mystery and are truly a pleasure to see, if you love history.
Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves Information
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves Ticket Prices
Admission fee for the National Park
- Entry fee of Indians: INR 2200 (with 6 pax, guide and vehicle)
- Entry fee of Foreigners: INR 4300 (with 6 pax, guide and vehicle)
How To reach Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves by Public Transport
- Take a local Safari ride (usually provided by the hotel)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandhavgarh National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandhavgarh National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves
75% of people who visit Bandhavgarh National Park include Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves in their plan
41.67% of people start their Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves
70% of people prefer walking in order to reach Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves
People normally also visit Panpatha Wildlife Sanctuary while planning their trip to Bandhavgarh Ancient Caves.