Events and Festivals in Bandhavgarh National Park
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS: Bandhavgarh National Park is home to many tribes that have their individual festivals and events.
- Madai (February): The festival is celebrated by the Gond Tribe by singing, dancing and playing drums around a tree. A goat is sacrificed on the occasion.
- Bhaghoriya (March): Celebrated by Bhils Tribe one week before Holi, the god of Dance is worshipped on this day. The festival stands for romance, love and marriage and is celebrated by a ritual dance with music.
- Karma (September- October): Celebrated by some of the tribes for fertility, the festival starts by people going to the forest to collect fruits and flowers and worshipping Lord Karma.
- Holi (March): Holi marks the beginning of the spring festival and is celebrated by colors, music and dancing.
- Dussehra (October): Marking the day when Lord Ram killed Ravana and rescued Sita, the festival is celebrated by re-enacting the legend and by worshipping goddesses Saraswati, Lakshmi and Parvati.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bandhavgarh National Park
2 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh national park from Jaipur
7 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from Westfield USD 3571
5 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from Chennai USD 667
4 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from Bengaluru USD 466
5 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from KolkataBy: Arindam Ghosh
4 Day Trip to Bandhavgarh National Park from HyderabadBy: Abhijeet Chandra