Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple85 Votes Currently Open
- Address: BR Hills, Chamarajanagar, Karnataka 571117, Bandipur, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8022275869
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Trail, View Point, Family And Kids, Architecture
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple was built in traditional Dravidian style of architecture. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rangaswamy who is the deity of Soliga tribe. The legend of the temple says that the Lord has two large sandals which he uses to tread the forest at night. The ancient festival for Lord Rangaswamy Temple is held in the month of ‘Vaishakh’ in April. Nearby is the 1000 foot drop to the forest below. The temple trust here offers basic accommodation facilities too. If you wish to trek your way up to the temple, you can do so by climbing 220 steps also. There’s exquisite viewpoints like the sunset point near the temple too. A special puja is performed for the deities on Friday.
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Travel Tips
- The place is replete with monkeys. Take care of your food and belongings.
- The forests have a whole lot of wildlife lurking. Watch your steps.
- Try not to disturb or encroach upon the natural territories of the wild much.
- Maintain the sanctity of the temple.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the temple.
- People are greeted by folding of hands into a “namaste”.
- Food is available here for purchase.
- Camera and video facilities are allowed.
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Hours
- The Temple stays open at the same timing on all days of the week, including public holidays.
How to Reach Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
- Bus: KSRTC buses and private buses ply from the nearby cities of Bangalore and Mysore.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bandipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.77% of people who visit Bandipur include Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple in their plan
33.33% of people start their Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Reviews & Ratings
15 August Sunday temple will be openAnswer Report Abuse