Biligiri Rangaswamy TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: BR Hills, Chamarajanagar, Karnataka 571117, Bandipur, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8022275869
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Trail, View Point, Family And Kids, Architecture
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple was built in traditional Dravidian style of architecture. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rangaswamy who is the deity of Soliga tribe. The legend of the temple says that the Lord has two large sandals which he uses to tread the forest at night. The ancient festival for Lord Rangaswamy Temple is held in the month of ‘Vaishakh’ in April. Nearby is the 1000 foot drop to the forest below. The temple trust here offers basic accommodation facilities too. If you wish to trek your way up to the temple, you can do so by climbing 220 steps also. There’s exquisite viewpoints like the sunset point near the temple too. A special puja is performed for the deities on Friday.
- The place is replete with monkeys. Take care of your food and belongings.
- The forests have a whole lot of wildlife lurking. Watch your steps.
- Try not to disturb or encroach upon the natural territories of the wild much.
- Maintain the sanctity of the temple.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the temple.
- People are greeted by folding of hands into a “namaste”.
- Food is available here for purchase.
- Camera and video facilities are allowed.
- The Temple stays open at the same timing on all days of the week, including public holidays.
- Bus: KSRTC buses and private buses ply from the nearby cities of Bangalore and Mysore.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.69% of people who visit Bandipur include Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple in their plan
33.33% of people start their Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
It's a beautiful and grand temple. It's very peaceful and the since it's at the hill top the views from here are truly enchanting and beautiful.You get views of valley in 360°. You can reach here through stairs( We went by stairs, a couple of hundred of them when, we didn't know the other route) or by car(there is a seperate road). Overall must visit for the peace and calm.
Great place for one day outing, must visit for one who loves heights, views and nature. better to visit in a group and If you are lucky enough you will spot some wild animals, we happened to spot some spotted deer, top of the hill there is a temple and view spot also newly constructed KSTDC guest house which caters good food and also provides good accommodation at affordable price.
Very nice temple on top of Biligiri hills. Morning ride from Bangalore to this place is awesome. You can cover this place and Shivasamudra in one day. Spectacular view of hills from this hill top. Parking available but footwear locker not available.
Beautiful place to visit... early morning @ 6 gate will open...at that time ride is awesome some wild animals may appear on d way curvey roads be careful while driving.when u r at peak the wind blowing n scenery is awesome enjoyed lot...The greenery and the wind cloudy weather excellent
Very nice place to visit. You will get a wonderful view from the top. Weather is pretty nice. Clam , quite place. Best place for weekend ride. The forest is very close to this hill. You can take your vehicle almost to the top. There is a nice parking place.