Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple, Bandipur
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple, Bandipur - Address, Phone Number
Address: BR Hills, Chamarajanagar, Karnataka 571117
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 705 times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Trail, View Point, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple, Bandipur
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple was built in traditional Dravidian style of architecture. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rangaswamy who is the deity of Soliga tribe. The legend of the temple says that the Lord has two large sandals which he uses to tread the forest at night. The ancient festival for Lord Rangaswamy Temple is held in the month of ‘Vaishakh’ in April. Nearby is the 1000 foot drop to the forest below. The temple trust here offers basic accommodation facilities too. If you wish to trek your way up to the temple, you can do so by climbing 220 steps also. There’s exquisite viewpoints like the sunset point near the temple too. A special puja is performed for the deities on Friday.
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Information
- The place is replete with monkeys. Take care of your food and belongings.
- The forests have a whole lot of wildlife lurking. Watch your steps.
- Try not to disturb or encroach upon the natural territories of the wild much.
- Maintain the sanctity of the temple.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the temple.
- People are greeted by folding of hands into a “namaste”.
- Food is available here for purchase.
- Camera and video facilities are allowed.
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- The Temple stays open at the same timing on all days of the week, including public holidays.
How To reach Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple by Public Transport
- Bus: KSRTC buses and private buses ply from the nearby cities of Bangalore and Mysore.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple, Bandipur Reviews
Great weather and temple was under renovation in October 2017 when i visited. The temple is on the top of a hill and gives a good view. Cleanliness wise its average. Most importantly, way to temple through BR hills is awesome, we got to spot couple of grazing wild elephants, buffaloes and other small animals like squirrel.
Ever visited heaven in forests? BR hills ( BILIGIRI RANGANATHASWAMI) is the perfect heaven! It's exotic beauty is home to a wide variety of ecosystems and their members. Time spent here is immemorial. Spotting of the flora and fauna is much fun! Forest gates open by 0630hrs after the confirmation by the forest officer that the roads are clear. Usually wild elephants block the roads
2 routes to the temple. One through kgudi is awesome one.. the ride itself is beautiful experience especially on a 2 wheeler. Cool breeze and scenic view and calmness. Animal sightings on the way. Worth a try. Temple is under renovation however (Dec-2017).
The Biligirirangana Hills, commonly called BR Hills, is a hill range situated in south-eastern Karnataka, at its border with Tamil Nadu (Erode District) in South India. The area is called Biligiriranganatha Swamy Temple Wildlife Sanctuary or simply BRT Wildlife Sanctuary. It is a protected reserve under the Wildlife Protection Act of 1972. Being at the confluence of the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats, the sanctuary is home to eco-systems that are unique to both the mountain ranges. The site was declared a tiger reserve in January 2011 by the Karnataka government, a few months after approval from India's National Tiger Conservation Authority
Excellent temple in the midst of nature. Best place to visit. Currently under renovation
- Upcoming Attractions in Bandipur
- Bandipur Tiger Safari
- Attractions on TripHobo
- Faith Chapel An Independent Baptist Church
- Chiesa Del Sacro Cuore
- Stepping Stone United
- Appalachian Artisan Center - Bolen Studios Building
- Office National Des Forets (o.n.f.)
- Cueva De Las Habi.taciones Vallejo Cuesta Laisa Gati
- Unter Den Linden 42
- Christusgemeinde Westhofen
- Indiana County Tourist Bureau
- Grace Baptist Church