Biligiri Rangaswamy TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: BR Hills, Chamarajanagar, Karnataka 571117, Bandipur, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8022275869
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Trail, View Point, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple, Bandipur
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple was built in traditional Dravidian style of architecture. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rangaswamy who is the deity of Soliga tribe. The legend of the temple says that the Lord has two large sandals which he uses to tread the forest at night. The ancient festival for Lord Rangaswamy Temple is held in the month of ‘Vaishakh’ in April. Nearby is the 1000 foot drop to the forest below. The temple trust here offers basic accommodation facilities too. If you wish to trek your way up to the temple, you can do so by climbing 220 steps also. There’s exquisite viewpoints like the sunset point near the temple too. A special puja is performed for the deities on Friday.
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Information
- The place is replete with monkeys. Take care of your food and belongings.
- The forests have a whole lot of wildlife lurking. Watch your steps.
- Try not to disturb or encroach upon the natural territories of the wild much.
- Maintain the sanctity of the temple.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the temple.
- People are greeted by folding of hands into a “namaste”.
- Food is available here for purchase.
- Camera and video facilities are allowed.
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- The Temple stays open at the same timing on all days of the week, including public holidays.
How To reach Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple by Public Transport
- Bus: KSRTC buses and private buses ply from the nearby cities of Bangalore and Mysore.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
76.15% of people who visit Bandipur include Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50.78% of people start their Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Map
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Trips
6 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Bandipur, Madikeri, Mysore, BangaloBy: Guest UserCity: Madikeri, Bengaluru, Mysore, Bandipur
Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple, Bandipur Reviews
Nearest Station is CharmarajaNagar. Very dense forest area. The BR hills links the Eastern Ghats and the Western Ghats allowing animals to move between them and facilitating gene flow between populations of species in these areas. Thus, this sanctuary serves as an important biological bridge for the biota of the entire Deccan PLATEAU.
Scenic roads till the peak. Has to go through forest area for more than 10 kms. Catching a glimpse of wild animals is common here. Please drive/ride with stock exhaust. Please don't travel with loud exhaust as it disturbs the environment and also the animals. Main temple is being renovated. Hence the idol has been temporarily shifted just beside the main temple.
Great weather and temple was under renovation in October 2017 when i visited. The temple is on the top of a hill and gives a good view. Cleanliness wise its average. Most importantly, way to temple through BR hills is awesome, we got to spot couple of grazing wild elephants, buffaloes and other small animals like squirrel.
Ever visited heaven in forests? BR hills ( BILIGIRI RANGANATHASWAMI) is the perfect heaven! It's exotic beauty is home to a wide variety of ecosystems and their members. Time spent here is immemorial. Spotting of the flora and fauna is much fun! Forest gates open by 0630hrs after the confirmation by the forest officer that the roads are clear. Usually wild elephants block the roads
Nice view point. Better to go early in the morning. The ride and the place is worth it.
All QuestionsBiligiri rangaswamy temple
- World Of Life Baptist Church
- R Lehrer
- Old Shady Grove Baptist Church
- Metro-North Park Avenue Bridge
- Gladstone Spanish SDA Church
- New Gallery Concert Series
- Bill Gibbons Studio
- Hillcrest Baptist Church
- Lift Crane Heliport
- Birch Trees Mobile Park
- Beissinger Heather L
- Saint Johns City Park
- True Vine MBC
- US Naval Recruiting
- Sand Creek Trail