Gopalaswamy BettaCurrently Closed
- Address: Gopalswami Hills, Karnataka 571126, Bandipur, India
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Outdoors, View Point, Architecture , Hill, Nature, Adults
About Gopalaswamy Betta, Bandipur
It is a famous tourist destination located at the top of a hill. It is known for a temple located at its hilltop. It is surrounded on all fours by wooded shenanigans and is the highest peak of Bandipur National Park. It offers the most exquisite from the top bird’s eye view of the valley. The temple at the top has the architectural style of the Chola Dynasty and is revered for its ancient mysticism and charm. The gopuram of the temple is single tiered and is supported by the wall of the enclosure. There’s beautiful forest views and occasional elephant sighting also. You could park your vehicle at the foot of the hills and trek up. It’s an excellent place for nature lovers to soak in the fresh air at the top. The temple forms for an excellent place for the historical buffs and spiritual seekers.
Gopalaswamy Betta Information
- No plastic carry bags or liquor is allowed on hilltop.
- Spotting of wild animals is usual. Be careful.
- Food material or any kind of liquid is not allowed on hilltop.
- The temperatures fall down as you near the hilltop. Carry warm clothing.
- There’s a certain time limit set by the officials before you visit the hilltop.
- It is recommended to carry earplugs during the windy season.
- The road to the top is not the best one. Track your path with care.
- Do taste the “prasadam” served at the temple on a leaf plate.
- No toilet facilities are available here.
Gopalaswamy Betta Ticket Prices
- Car: 50 INR for entry
- Bike: 20 INR for entry
Gopalaswamy Betta Opening and Closing Hours
- It is recommended to be at the checkpost at around 9:00 AM so as to be able to take the first bus to the top.
- There’s a certain restriction on the to and fro timing levied by the forest officials, which is usually 3 hours.
How To reach Gopalaswamy Betta by Public Transport
- Bus: KSRTC Bus Services ply here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gopalaswamy Betta
95% of people who visit Bandipur include Gopalaswamy Betta in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
57.46% of people start their Gopalaswamy Betta visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Gopalaswamy Betta
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gopalaswamy Betta
Gopalaswamy Betta Map
Gopalaswamy Betta Trips
4 Views20 Days 19 Nights20 Day Trip to Munnar, Alleppey, Thekkady, WayanadBy: Guest UserCity: Munnar, Alleppey, Thekkady, Wayanad, Kovalam, Periyar Lake, Kumarakom
16 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Wayanad, Gundlupet, Ooty from BangalBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Gundlupet, Ooty, Wayanad
Gopalaswamy Betta, Bandipur Reviews
All QuestionsGopalaswamy betta
- Moore Stadium
- Sommerset Strip
- Pine Oaks Mobile Home Park
- Greater Peace Baptist Church
- Fire & Grace Church
- Christ Temple Holiness Church
- Opelika Church Of God
- Living Waters Ministries Center
- Gateway Community Church
- St Ellis Full Gospel Church
- Greyhound Stop/Food Mart
- Church At Opelika
- Mt Nebo Baptist Church
- Chewacla Baptist Church
- Living Way Ministries