Bosscha Observatory1079 Votes Currently Open
- Address: JL. Teropong Bintang, Cikahuripan, Bandung, Indonesia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +62-222786001
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Observation Deck
Bosscha Observatory is the oldest observatory in Indonesia. The observatory is located in Lembang, West Java, approximately 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) north of Bandung. It is situated on a hilly six hectares of land and is 1,310 m above mean sea level plateau. There are five large telescopes in Bosscha serving various purposes. The telescopes include: The Zeiss double refractor, The Schmidt telescope also called as Bima Sakti telescope, The Bamberg refractor, The Cassegrain GOTO and The Unitron refractor. These telescopes help to observe and study various factors and are significant factors from science and development in Indonesia.
The observatory is an interesting place to visit and serves both day and night tours. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bandung itinerary 1 day.
Bosscha Observatory Travel Tips
- Online registration and payment prior to the visit is compulsory.
- Admission only on prior reservation.
- Arrive on time. Delays of more than one hour may be subject to sanctions cancellation of visit.
- Come according to the number that has been registered. Increasing the number may be subject to sanctions ranging from double payment to denial.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order during a visit at the observatory.
- wear clothing that is neat and polite (for the students to wear school uniforms).
- Do not bring pets.
- Food items are prohibited inside the premises.
- For the night visit, cameras with flash are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bosscha Observatory
- The ticket for night visit is 20000 IDR.
How to Reach Bosscha Observatory
- Rented car
- Imah Seniman
- Citrus restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bandung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandung and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.17% of people who visit Bandung include Bosscha Observatory in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
49.71% of people start their Bosscha Observatory visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bosscha Observatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bosscha Observatory