Tangkuban PerahuCurrently Open
- Address: Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Tangkuban Perahu - Review
This is the only crater in Indonesia where tourists can drive up to its rim; this active volcano offers astonishing view and has a distinctive shape like an overturned boat. The huge crater is walk able and you will be greeted by the sulphur fumes that the volcano is emitting for years. The eruption of this volcano has made a significant change in the geographical features of its surrounding areas and contributed immensely to make the land fertile which has overall enhanced the eco-system. The flow of the lava carrying large boulders has formed huge cliffs over which waterfalls leapt to form the lake that covers the Bandung plain.
Located at the highland just at the outskirt of Bandung, Tangkuban Perahu Crater is surely a perfect place to enjoy cool air and relaxing sceneries after a series of shopping activities in some of the city's factory outlets or the popular Pasar Baru Trade Center. For a rejuvenating sensation, visitors can continue their journey to the nearby Ciater's Revitalizing Hot Springs. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bandung itinerary 1 day.
Tangkuban Perahu Information
- Not everyone can stand the smell of the sulphur fumes; handkerchiefs are suggested to cover your nose and mouth.
- Never walk into the crater without care, it’s better to hire trusted guide.
- Do not hesitate to resist peddlers if you are not interested.
- Best bring a jacket/sweater for protection from the cold temperature.
- Bring an umbrella to avoid sunburn or possible heavy downpours.
- Try to reach the crater as early as possible because around noon the mist starts to roll in through the trees.
- Do not hesitate to say ‘No’ to the vexing local guides who follow you around and ask for money at the end of the trip.
- The smell of the sulphur can be heavy for some visitors, make sure you are okay with it.
Tangkuban Perahu Ticket Prices
- The minibuses that take you to the top are 10000 IDR.
How To reach Tangkuban Perahu by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Rabbit Skewer from street vendors.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandung and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tangkuban Perahu
95% of people who visit Bandung include Tangkuban Perahu in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
64.54% of people start their Tangkuban Perahu visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Tangkuban Perahu
86.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tangkuban Perahu
Tangkuban Perahu Map
Tangkuban Perahu Trips
Tangkuban Perahu, Bandung Reviews
Main tourism destination in West Java. Nice scenery around, Good main crater not far from parking lot. Extra careful for children and elderly people. This place is completely with many souvenirs store, must do hard bargain for got a best price. Recommended place.
If you are person who likes to enjoy the nature as it is then this is your place. Highlights 1. Many viewing points are available in the area from where you can enjoy the breathtaking view of the mountains 2. Don't miss to walk along the shopping street located near the restaurant Must to do items 1. Tasting local food, my recommendation would be to enjoy the hot ginger milk tea. 2. Shopping - you can find traditional clothing and hand made antocraft for a decent price
It has very very beautiful scenery. It also have so many photo spots you can take. If you bring your children, you can take a horse ride. It's better to bring mask when it is sunny.
Could be better. There are outbound and trekking if you want to. You can go to ratu crater which is the bigger crater and it is easily within reach because you can ride a car and get down to see the crater directly and take pictures. The crater is big yet in distance there are fences around. If you want more adventurous then go for Domas crater the smaller one yet you can get closer to the crater and soak in your leg into the mud. You walk inside like 20 minutes. Downside is the local sellers who sometimes forcefully sell their stuffs and offer their service as tour guide. As I know they even mark up the price even higher for foreigners tourist.
The new management had been successfully change the condition of tourism resort. Before you go there you should check the weather first to get a perfect picture we really depend on the weather.
All QuestionsTangkuban perahu
- Saint Marys Vicarage
- White Lea Head Club
- Denis Morville
- Trawden Library
- Trawden Community Centre
- Lancashire County Council
- Pevensey Bay Station
- K M Services Sea Angling Charters
- Martello Beach Park
- Pevensey Bay Library
- Pevensey Baptist Church
- Consolidated Fish Importer
- Pevensey Bay Railway Station
- Castle View Caravan Site
- Grey Tower Caravan Park