About Tangkuban Perahu, Bandung
This is the only crater in Indonesia where tourists can drive up to its rim; this active volcano offers astonishing view and has a distinctive shape like an overturned boat. The huge crater is walk able and you will be greeted by the sulphur fumes that the volcano is emitting for years. The eruption of this volcano has made a significant change in the geographical features of its surrounding areas and contributed immensely to make the land fertile which has overall enhanced the eco-system. The flow of the lava carrying large boulders has formed huge cliffs over which waterfalls leapt to form the lake that covers the Bandung plain.
Located at the highland just at the outskirt of Bandung, Tangkuban Perahu Crater is surely a perfect place to enjoy cool air and relaxing sceneries after a series of shopping activities in some of the city's factory outlets or the popular Pasar Baru Trade Center. For a rejuvenating sensation, visitors can continue their journey to the nearby Ciater's Revitalizing Hot Springs.
Tangkuban Perahu Information
- Not everyone can stand the smell of the sulphur fumes; handkerchiefs are suggested to cover your nose and mouth.
- Never walk into the crater without care, it’s better to hire trusted guide.
- Do not hesitate to resist peddlers if you are not interested.
- Best bring a jacket/sweater for protection from the cold temperature.
- Bring an umbrella to avoid sunburn or possible heavy downpours.
- Try to reach the crater as early as possible because around noon the mist starts to roll in through the trees.
- Do not hesitate to say ‘No’ to the vexing local guides who follow you around and ask for money at the end of the trip.
- The smell of the sulphur can be heavy for some visitors, make sure you are okay with it.
Tangkuban Perahu Tickets Prices
- The minibuses that take you to the top are 10000 IDR.
How To Get To Tangkuban Perahu by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Rabbit Skewer from street vendors.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandung and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Tangkuban Perahu Tickets And Tours
This full day tour will take you to North Bandung.North Bandung is a cool temperatured area,which we can take a visit to our famous mountain Tangkuban Perahu and Crater Domas, we can also take you to teaplantations,Ciater hotspring as well to a strawberry farm,waterfall or the floating Market.For lunch/dinner we can visit Kampung Daun Culture Gallery and Cafe.
This is a 10-hour tour to Kawah Putih, otherwise known as White Crater, in the south of Bandung. Other than a volcanic crater, you will see beautiful scenery along the way such tea plantations and strawberry farms. If the season allows, you may pluck fresh strawberries at the farm. You may also see Situ Patenggang Lake located beside the crater or pay a visit to a tea factory to look at the process.
Enjoy this full-day Bandung heritage and culture tour from your hotel in Bandung. You will be able to experience another side of Bandung and see some of the heritage buildings, where you can also learn about colonial history. You will visit the Asia-Africa Conference Museum, the Museum of Geology and at the end of the day you will be taken to visit the Bamboo school Saung Angklung Udjo.
Share your experience - Rate Tangkuban Perahu, Bandung
I visited this place on the weekend just when they opened the gate at 7:00. The entry ticket was 35k per person, 17k for motorbike, and 5k for parking. In the morning, the view was spectacular, you can even enjoy fresh morning air and thick mist, I think this was the golden moment and worth every penny. Two hours later, the mist was gone and more tourist were coming. It was time to head back home.
Stunning view, and nice to walk around. Merchants aren't very pushy and the place is quite clean. Only the natural sulphur smell may be bothering, so it might be a good idea to bring something to cover your nose & mouth with. Lots of tasty food around, and for a good price too.
This place has it's own folklore. Story about a genie who tried to marry a beautiful woman if I remember correctly. The view is nice just too commercialized that you will see so many local people trying to sell souvenirs or berries everywhere you go.
beautiful view and scenery. you can say it literally breathtaking. many souvenirs, can negotiate the price. bring your own bottled water.
Breathtaking view of an active volcano... The strong smell of sulfur is very distinct. Must visit!
- Nearby Attractions
- Bosscha Observatory
- Bandung Treetop Adventure Park
- Amanda Brownies Dago - Bandung
- Belle Vue Roof Top 24 Hours French & Italian Bistro
- Bukit Moko
- Cups Coffee & Kitchen
- De' Ranch
- Citambur Organic Tea Plantation
- Farm House
- Floating Market Lembang Bandung
- Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- 5 Star Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Budget Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Cheap Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Luxury Hotels Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Bandung Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Bandung
- 2 Days in Bandung
- 3 Days in Bandung
- 4 Days in Bandung
- 5 Days in Bandung
- 6 Days in Bandung
- 7 Days in Bandung