This is the only crater in Indonesia where tourists can drive up to its rim; this active volcano offers astonishing view and has a distinctive shape like an overturned boat. The huge crater is walk able and you will be greeted by the sulphur fumes that the volcano is emitting for years. The eruption of this volcano has made a significant change in the geographical features of its surrounding areas and contributed immensely to make the land fertile which has overall enhanced the eco-system. The flow of the lava carrying large boulders has formed huge cliffs over which waterfalls leapt to form the lake that covers the Bandung plain.
Located at the highland just at the outskirt of Bandung, Tangkuban Perahu Crater is surely a perfect place to enjoy cool air and relaxing sceneries after a series of shopping activities in some of the city's factory outlets or the popular Pasar Baru Trade Center. For a rejuvenating sensation, visitors can continue their journey to the nearby Ciater's Revitalizing Hot Springs. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bandung itinerary 1 day.
Tangkuban Perahu Travel Tips
- Not everyone can stand the smell of the sulphur fumes; handkerchiefs are suggested to cover your nose and mouth.
- Never walk into the crater without care, it’s better to hire trusted guide.
- Do not hesitate to resist peddlers if you are not interested.
- Best bring a jacket/sweater for protection from the cold temperature.
- Bring an umbrella to avoid sunburn or possible heavy downpours.
- Try to reach the crater as early as possible because around noon the mist starts to roll in through the trees.
- Do not hesitate to say ‘No’ to the vexing local guides who follow you around and ask for money at the end of the trip.
- The smell of the sulphur can be heavy for some visitors, make sure you are okay with it.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tangkuban Perahu
- The minibuses that take you to the top are 10000 IDR.
How to Reach Tangkuban Perahu
- Rented car
- Rabbit Skewer from street vendors.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bandung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandung and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.22% of people who visit Bandung include Tangkuban Perahu in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
80.57% of people start their Tangkuban Perahu visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Tangkuban Perahu
92.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tangkuban Perahu