Tangkuban Perahu, BandungCurrently Open
- Address: Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
About Tangkuban Perahu, Bandung
This is the only crater in Indonesia where tourists can drive up to its rim; this active volcano offers astonishing view and has a distinctive shape like an overturned boat. The huge crater is walk able and you will be greeted by the sulphur fumes that the volcano is emitting for years. The eruption of this volcano has made a significant change in the geographical features of its surrounding areas and contributed immensely to make the land fertile which has overall enhanced the eco-system. The flow of the lava carrying large boulders has formed huge cliffs over which waterfalls leapt to form the lake that covers the Bandung plain.
Located at the highland just at the outskirt of Bandung, Tangkuban Perahu Crater is surely a perfect place to enjoy cool air and relaxing sceneries after a series of shopping activities in some of the city's factory outlets or the popular Pasar Baru Trade Center. For a rejuvenating sensation, visitors can continue their journey to the nearby Ciater's Revitalizing Hot Springs. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bandung itinerary 1 day.
Tangkuban Perahu Information
- Not everyone can stand the smell of the sulphur fumes; handkerchiefs are suggested to cover your nose and mouth.
- Never walk into the crater without care, it’s better to hire trusted guide.
- Do not hesitate to resist peddlers if you are not interested.
- Best bring a jacket/sweater for protection from the cold temperature.
- Bring an umbrella to avoid sunburn or possible heavy downpours.
- Try to reach the crater as early as possible because around noon the mist starts to roll in through the trees.
- Do not hesitate to say ‘No’ to the vexing local guides who follow you around and ask for money at the end of the trip.
- The smell of the sulphur can be heavy for some visitors, make sure you are okay with it.
Tangkuban Perahu Ticket Prices
- The minibuses that take you to the top are 10000 IDR.
How To reach Tangkuban Perahu by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Tangkuban Perahu
- Rabbit Skewer from street vendors.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bandung before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bandung and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tangkuban Perahu
95% of people who visit Bandung include Tangkuban Perahu in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
62.91% of people start their Tangkuban Perahu visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Tangkuban Perahu
86.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tangkuban Perahu
Tangkuban Perahu, Bandung Reviews
Awesome cold places to chill out. Try bring some good shoes because there are a lot of steps here especially if you want to get a good photos. They even offer a horse riding, printed photo on the spot and some souvenirs stuff. A good place for sightseeing especially if you love natures. Be wary the smell, try getting a masker here if you don't like brimstone smells.
Tangkuban Parahu is one of the famous mountain in West Java Province.... also well known in Sundanese Legend...Sangkuriang. Nice to visit to see large crater. About two hours from railways station by public transportation. The amazing highland with amazing panaroma in North Bandung. Surrounded by tropical rain forest..., almost a full day the weather in this place cold, foggy, and windy. To anticipate the situation it's better for you to take/wear jacket.
Top spot. Must eat corn when there. Usually rains so have an umbrella handy... or buy a poncho from one of the locals. Good value shopping. I don't bargain with the small shop keepers..... let them enjoy once in a while. Usually much cooler than Bandung and certainly Jakarta. Strong rotten egg gas smell but onegets used to it.
Crowded place but beautiful nature you can enjoy especially to see the sun rise in the middle of mountains. Although the smell of blerang isn't good but the scenery totally pay for it. Beautiful.
Nice view and nice people.. but be careful with the fruits that sale here, we got bad experience the fruits have strangely sweet taste.
All QuestionsTangkuban perahu
- Attractions near Tangkuban Perahu
- Bosscha Observatory
- Floating Market Lembang Bandung
- Dago Dreampark
- De' Ranch
- Natural Resto And Strawberry Land
- Bandung Treetop Adventure Park
- Paris Van Java Rooftop Garden
- Kampiun Bistro Bandung
- Hyatt Regency Bandung
- Masjid Agung Trans Studio Bandung
- Cups Coffee & Kitchen
- Sierra Cafe And Lounge