Visit Banff - Best of Banff
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Banff is totally a force to be reckoned with. Marking its 125th birthday, Banff National Park is Canada’s oldest and most famous national park. Forming a part of the national park, Banff is conveniently located and accessible for travelers looking to visit the Banff National Park.
A small town in size, the spirit of the place goes beyond its realms. You could actually cover the whole town on foot! Pristine landscapes, a crisp in the air with the Banff National Park in the backdrop; a walk through town with the constant reminder that the wilderness is a stone’s throw away is a beautiful feeling.
Banff Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Banff tips for your visit
- Banff is one of the safest places you can ever visit; that doesn’t excuse you from not being caution. Maintain an awareness of your surroundings.
- The only real danger you need to be weary of is coming in contact with the wildlife; Banff being a part of the National Park, animals tend to wander into town.
- It’s common to come in contact with deer while driving and bears when on trails. Keep a lookout and whatever happens, never feed the wildlife.
- Respect the wildlife.
- Banff, a resort town in Alberta, Canada observes the Mountain Time Zone/ UTC-07:00 hour.
- While U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, but it is advisable to use the Canadian dollars.
- 240 V with Primary Socket Type being Type B North American NEMA 5-15 (Grounded, Non-polarised)
- The internet country code top level domain(ccTLD) for Canada is .ca . Currently Internet access is available for businesses and home users in various forms, including dial up, cable, DSL, nd wireless.
- English is the predominant language in Banff
- 911 is the official emergency number in Banff.
- Avoid talking loudly in public.
- Avoid spitting and littering on streets.
- Keep yourself well informed with the history of Banfe before the actual visit.
Are you looking for a Banff travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Banff Tourist Information
Banff Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Banff
Banff Via Ferrata Climbing Adventure16 Reviews
Tap into your sense of adventure in Banff, Alberta, with the Via Ferrata experience, an activity that lets you climb to unpre...Book Now
Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff42 Reviews
Duration: 9 Hrs
Visit Canada's famous glaciers on a full-day seasonal excursion from Banff. Your personalized small group tour takes you thro...Book Now
Evening Wildlife Safari79 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
Wildlife lovers and nature enthusiasts, this small-group safari in Banff is for you. On this 2-hour wildlife tour, explore a ...Book Now
Discover Grizzly Bears from Banff39 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Animal lovers, don't miss your chance to discover the grizzly bear! Leaving Banff behind, you'll take a ride in a gondola for...Book Now
Popular Hotels in BanffView all Hotels in Banff
- Lake Louise Tourism
- Calgary Tourism
- Stauffer Tourism
- Sylvan Lake Tourism
- Crowsnest Pass Tourism
- Drumheller Tourism
- Coalhurst Tourism
- Edberg Tourism
- Celista Tourism
- Castor Tourism
- Wardlow Tourism
- Tilley Tourism
- Montreal Tourism
- Toronto Tourism
- Vancouver Tourism
- Ottawa Tourism
- Niagara Falls Tourism
- Windsor Tourism
- Sault Ste. Marie Tourism
- Whistler Tourism
- Victoria Tourism
Facts and Stats for Banff*
Pollution Statistics in Banff
Know the pollution level of Banff before you plan your visit.
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 25 (Low)
Banff: Crime and Safety
How safe is Banff for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Banff.
Assault and Armed Robbery 25 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 25 (Low)
Car Stealing 25 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 75 (High)
Attacks 25 (Low)
Drug offense 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 25 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 25 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 75 (High)
Living in Banff - Quality of Life
Safety Index 62.5 (High)
Climate Index 26.84 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 5.17 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 100 (Very High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 3.08 (Very Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Banff
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Banff
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.22 USD
International Movie per seat 8.98 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 49.66 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 85.56 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 51.38 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.