Banff Tourism, Canada
Visit Banff - Best of Banff
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Banff is totally a force to be reckoned with. Marking its 125th birthday, Banff National Park is Canada’s oldest and most famous national park. Forming a part of the national park, Banff is conveniently located and accessible for travelers looking to visit the Banff National Park.
A small town in size, the spirit of the place goes beyond its realms. You could actually cover the whole town on foot! Pristine landscapes, a crisp in the air with the Banff National Park in the backdrop; a walk through town with the constant reminder that the wilderness is a stone’s throw away is a beautiful feeling.
Banff Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Banff tips for your visit
- Banff is one of the safest places you can ever visit; that doesn’t excuse you from not being caution. Maintain an awareness of your surroundings.
- The only real danger you need to be weary of is coming in contact with the wildlife; Banff being a part of the National Park, animals tend to wander into town.
- It’s common to come in contact with deer while driving and bears when on trails. Keep a lookout and whatever happens, never feed the wildlife.
- Respect the wildlife.
- Banff, a resort town in Alberta, Canada observes the Mountain Time Zone/ UTC-07:00 hour.
- While U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, but it is advisable to use the Canadian dollars.
- 240 V with Primary Socket Type being Type B North American NEMA 5-15 (Grounded, Non-polarised)
- The internet country code top level domain(ccTLD) for Canada is .ca . Currently Internet access is available for businesses and home users in various forms, including dial up, cable, DSL, nd wireless.
- English is the predominant language in Banff
- 911 is the official emergency number in Banff.
- Avoid talking loudly in public.
- Avoid spitting and littering on streets.
- Keep yourself well informed with the history of Banfe before the actual visit.
Are you looking for a Banff travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Banff- Know before you go to Banff
Facts and Stats for Banff*
Pollution Statistics in Banff
Know the pollution level of Banff before you plan your visit.
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 25 (Low)
Banff: Crime and Safety
How safe is Banff for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Banff.
Assault and Armed Robbery 25 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 25 (Low)
Car Stealing 25 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 75 (High)
Attacks 25 (Low)
Drug offense 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 25 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 25 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 75 (High)
Living in Banff - Quality of Life
Safety Index 62.5 (High)
Climate Index 26.84 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 5.17 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 100 (Very High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 3.29 (Very Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Banff
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Banff
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.22 USD
International Movie per seat 9.29 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 50.35 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 86.75 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 50.34 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Banff Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Banff
Banff Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Banff
Winter Tour: Discover Lake Louise New on TripHobo
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
A vast frozen lake surrounded by sparkling snow and an amphitheatre of snow-dusted mountain peaks - Lake Louise is postcard-p...Book Now
Private Tour of Lake Louise and the Icefield Parkway New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Private Tour of Lake Louise and the Icefield Parkway 4 to 11 guests New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Snowshoeing Tour to Marble Canyon New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
This half-day tour is an easy morning introduction to snowshoeing in Kootenay National Park where you can admire the dramatic...Book Now
- Lake Louise Tourism
- Calgary Tourism
- Sylvan Lake Tourism
- Crowsnest Pass Tourism
- Drumheller Tourism
- Coalhurst Tourism
- Celista Tourism
- Castor Tourism
- Tilley Tourism