How to Reach Banff - The Easiest Way to Reach Banff
HOW TO GET TO BANFF
- If you’re flying in, land in Calgary and take a bus to Banff from the airport. Banff Airporter provides the shuttle for this journey; book your seat before you land.
- There aren’t any trains that stop at Banff, but the closest you could get to would be at Jasper, from where you can catch the Brewster Transport to Banff and back.
- Greyhound too provides buses that make stops at Banff on the Calgary to Vancouver route.
- If you’re driving down from Calgary, take the Trans Canada Highway (Route 1) West; the exit to Banff falls an hour and a half after you cross the airport.
HOW TO GET AROUND BANFF
- The town of Banff is rather small and can be easily covered on foot. Everything there to see is within 5-10 minute walking distance of each other.
- You could rent bicycles to get around if you don’t want to walk a lot.
- For its size, Banff has quite an extensive network of public transit buses that you can ride all over town in for around $2.
- If all else fails, you could hire a taxi.
Are you looking for a Banff travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Banff from Nearby Cities
|Canmore to Banff||23.83 km||23 mins|
|Calgary to Banff||168.11 km||2 hours 48 mins|
|Airdrie to Banff||172.94 km||2 hours 52 mins|
|Okotoks to Banff||178.49 km||2 hours 58 mins|
|High river to Banff||190.44 km||3 hours 10 mins|
|Red deer to Banff||201.91 km||3 hours 21 mins|
|Nanton to Banff||203.48 km||3 hours 23 mins|
|Waterton park to Banff||208.13 km||3 hours 28 mins|
|Lacombe to Banff||213.13 km||3 hours 33 mins|
|Hayden to Banff||214.99 km||3 hours 34 mins|
How to Reach Cities Near Banff