Bengaluru Tourism, India
Visit Bengaluru - Best of Bengaluru
Also known as Bengaluru, Bangalore is the capital city of state of Karnataka. Popular as “The Garden City”, it is dotted with gardens and green retreats that are definitely a treat to eyes. It is a teeming metropolis which is home to many industries from both, the private and public sector. But its main claim to fame is its worldwide significance as an IT Hub and a favored BPO city. Bangalore is on par with the other metropolises in the country as far as industry and infrastructure are concerned. Situated on the Deccan plateau in south eastern Karnataka, Bangalore is a rich city, both culturally and economically. With so many tourist attractions and places to visit of diverse fields, this South Indian city will awe you.
Endowed with a beautiful weather that remains constant throughout the year, this city today looks enticing with its dazzling dining, drinking and shopping scene. Representative of the modern face of India, this city is strewn with many attractions that consist of historic, cultural, religious and scenic. The colonial era heritage stands well preserved and glimpses well amidst the modern day skyscrapers and neon lit buildings. It is because of its overwhelming IT presence that this city has earned the title of being the Silicon Valley of India. The highlights here include: Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha with its gigantic Neo-Dravidian legislative building, Bangalore Palace and Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, to name a few. Each one of you must take Bangalore tour at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Bangalore.
Bengaluru Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Bengaluru tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Indian Time Zone, UTC+05:30hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency used in Bangalore is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: 220-240 volts, alternating at 50 cycles per second.
- Internet: 3G connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Bangalore is Kannada but English and Hindi is also understood.
- Police Control Room: 100
- Fire: 101
- Accident: 103
- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- If you are visiting any of the temples, please leave your footwear well outside the temple (most temples have designated places for the same), wash your feet and only then enter the temple.
- Do not carry water bottles into Jain temples. They do not allow the same in.
- Do not be surprised if you walk into a restaurant and order food and they serve it without any cutlery, we in India are very used to eating with our hands.
Are you looking for a Bengaluru travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Bengaluru- Know before you go to Bengaluru
Facts and Stats for Bengaluru*
Pollution Statistics in Bengaluru
Know the pollution level of Bengaluru before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 74.37 (High)
Water Pollution 78.15 (High)
Noise and Light Pollution 63.97 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 71.08 (High)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 62.66 (High)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 78.92 (High)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 69.17 (High)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 50.06 (Moderate)
Bengaluru: Crime and Safety
How safe is Bengaluru for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Bengaluru.
Burglary and Theft 43.87 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 49.1 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 42.62 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 77.34 (High)
Car Stealing 43.68 (Moderate)
Robbery of Car belongings 48.9 (Moderate)
Attacks 46.31 (Moderate)
Drug offense 39.23 (Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 73.43 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 42.48 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 46.75 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 34.58 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 49.9 (Moderate)
Living in Bengaluru - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Bengaluru is 127.51 (High)
Safety Index 51.42 (Moderate)
Climate Index 89.39 (Very High)
Pollution Index 83.08 (Very High)
Traffic Commute Time Index 54.98 (High)
Cost of Living Index 27.05 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 67.97 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 8.18 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 96.42 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Bengaluru
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Bengaluru
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.01 USD
International Movie per seat 4.41 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 39.26 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 53.78 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 35.1 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Bengaluru Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bengaluru
Bengaluru Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bengaluru
Rich Culture of Bangalore Day Tour 5 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
Discover India's Silicon Valley, Bangalore, the city of awesomeness! The city is famous for its well-maintained gardens as we...Book Now
Save 7%Private Walking tour of ancient Bangalore New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Bangalore is best explored on a walking tour; inviting and engaging at the same time. Also known as the Garden City of India,...
Bangalore Private Tour : Lalbagh Garden Tippu Palace Cubbon Park Bull Temple New on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Visiting Places: Lalbagh Garden Tippu Palace Cubbon park Bull temple and From Outside Vidhana soudha And High Court EndBook Now
Save 7%Full-Day Private Tour of Bangalore with Lunch New on TripHobo
Duration: 9 Hrs
Get to know the evolution of Bangalore from its humble beginings to its transformation into a modern megapolis in this privat...
More about Bengaluru
Best Places For New Year Party In Bangalore 2018
- The IT capital of India eagerly awaits the much-needed break to shake all those cramped up muscles and dance like no one’s watching (who manager!?)! The search for best places in Bangalore to celebrate New Year Eve 2018, has already begun and saving you all the planning and already confined time, here are a few suggestions, that you may consider as a gift from us to you!
An ideal mix of fine-dining, city's hottest party spots, live music scenes, family and kids’ entertainment to the less jazzier ones like stargazing, long drive places and even popular streets and malls, these places are great for just everyone to celebrate a 2018 new year party in Bangalore:
Hotels and Restaurants for
Top Weekend Getaways From Bangalore Under Rs. 5000
- Who is not aware of Bangalore's pleasant weather that has enticed people into settling here? Endowed with breathtaking landscapes, waterfalls and bewitching trails to trek, the city never fails to allure its visitors with its innate natural charm. If the concern of budget resists you to take any weekend getaways from Bangalore, here are some of them that shall befit your pocket and ask you to travel, explore and witness the sublime corners.
1. Shivanasamudra Falls: Popular Weekend Destination
11 Pet Friendly Restaurants In Bangalore Your Furry One Will...
- There are so many times when you just want to take your pet along for the Sunday brunch, but can’t because all those cafes won’t let him in! And it is absolutely nerve wrecking to leave your little one with friends, neighbors or family members who probably can’t even see the look in those puppy dog eyes. Personally, we have a really hard time answering our pet’s one constant question - "Why can’t I come along?” Well, what if we said there are a few pet friendly restaurants in Bangalore that welcome pets as lovingly as you keep them? Yes, you heard us right. Here are those few awesome places where you can head over to for a yummy brunch with your pet and spend some quality time with him. 1. Green T
- Yercaud Tourism
- Bandipur Tourism
- Wayanad Tourism
- Ooty Tourism
- Coonoor Tourism
- Chikmagalur Tourism
- Madikeri Tourism
- Tirupati Tourism
- Coimbatore Tourism
- Puducherry Tourism
- Kannur Tourism
- Hampi Tourism
- Agra Tourism
- Leh Tourism
- Mumbai Tourism
- Delhi Tourism
- Amritsar Tourism
- Chennai Tourism
- Jaipur Tourism
- Panaji Tourism
- Varanasi Tourism