Also known as Bengaluru, Bangalore is the capital city of state of Karnataka. Popular as “The Garden City”, it is dotted with gardens and green retreats that are definitely a treat to eyes. It is a teeming metropolis which is home to many industries from both, the private and public sector. But its main claim to fame is its worldwide significance as an IT Hub and a favored BPO city. Bangalore is on par with the other metropolises in the country as far as industry and infrastructure are concerned. Situated on the Deccan plateau in south eastern Karnataka, Bangalore is a rich city, both culturally and economically. With so many tourist attractions and places to visit of diverse fields, this South Indian city will awe you.
Endowed with a beautiful weather that remains constant throughout the year, this city today looks enticing with its dazzling dining, drinking and shopping scene. Representative of the modern face of India, this city is strewn with many attractions that consist of historic, cultural, religious and scenic. The colonial era heritage stands well preserved and glimpses well amidst the modern day skyscrapers and neon lit buildings. It is because of its overwhelming IT presence that this city has earned the title of being the Silicon Valley of India. The highlights here include: Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha with its gigantic Neo-Dravidian legislative building, Bangalore Palace and Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, to name a few. Each one of you must take Bangalore tour at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Bangalore.
Essential travel information and Bengaluru tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Indian Time Zone, UTC+05:30hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency used in Bangalore is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: 220-240 volts, alternating at 50 cycles per second.
- Internet: 3G connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Bangalore is Kannada but English and Hindi is also understood.
- Police Control Room: 100
- Fire: 101
- Accident: 103
- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- If you are visiting any of the temples, please leave your footwear well outside the temple (most temples have designated places for the same), wash your feet and only then enter the temple.
- Do not carry water bottles into Jain temples. They do not allow the same in.
- Do not be surprised if you walk into a restaurant and order food and they serve it without any cutlery, we in India are very used to eating with our hands.
Bengaluru Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for bengaluru. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using bengaluru trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bengaluru
Private Tour: Palaces of Bangalore
6 Hrs16 Reviews
Private Full-Day Bangalore City Tour
8 Hrs36 Reviews
Private Half-Day Tour of Bangalore
4 Hrs3 Reviews
8-Hour Custom Private Tour of Bengaluru
8 Hrs7 Reviews
Private Excursion to Mysore and Srirangapatna from Bengaluru
15 Hrs1 Reviews