Bull TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 12:00 pm]
- Address: Bugle hill, Bull temple road, Basavangudi, Bangalore/Bengaluru, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Bull Temple, Bengaluru
Dedicated to Nandi Bull, the Bull Temple is also known as 'Dodda Basavana Gudi'. A colossal granite statue is the highlight of this temple. Situated inside a park called Bugle Rock, this is one of the more popular temples in all of Bengaluru. Said to be the biggest Nandi temple in the world, the stone cut image of Nandi is continually covered with new layers of butter, known as benne in the local language of Kannada.
This temple flaunts the Dravidian style architecture and is the site where the groundnut festivals take place in November/December. Combine your visit to the Bull Temple with a quick stroll through the Bugle Rock Park or Gandhi Bazaar. Heading towards Lalbagh after this isn’t a bad idea as well. The place is about 1 km away is the cave temple of Gavi Gangadeshwara Temple. Here’s a word of advice for the Bull Temple visitors, ‘Beware of touts!’ Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bengaluru itinerary 5 days.
Bull Temple Information
- The peace of religious place should be maintained at all times.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Photography without permission is prohibited.
How To reach Bull Temple by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi
Restaurants Near Bull Temple
- Brahmin’s cafe shop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bengaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bengaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bull Temple
54.03% of people who visit Bengaluru include Bull Temple in their plan
6 PM - 7 PM
44% of people start their Bull Temple visit around 6 PM - 7 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Bull Temple
90.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bull Temple
Bull Temple Map
Bull Temple Trips
Bull Temple, Bengaluru Reviews
Very beautiful and historical place. There are mythological stories of this place to, when you visit this place you've can know about that. It's awesome to view such big ganapathi and it's one of the famous temples in Bangalore. Once you visit this you can visit many near by places too which are really beautiful and you can have tasty food in near by hotel😋
Very Good place for Evening Time to spend for. Temple is very peaceful and situated in the middle of Greenery. Good place to hangout with friends. Park is situated in middle with full of rocks making it idle place for couple to spend quality time. One must visit here.
Huge Ganesha idol craved out of a single rock fetch the temple more popularity. Nearby bull temple sums this place a must visit to start your city tour usually. One of the famous and well known temple among-st the locals.
Situated on the Bull temple Road of Basavanagudi, Dodda Ganapathi Temple is one of the most popular temples of the city and is widely known for its huge monolith of Lord Ganesha which is about 18 feet high and 16 feet wide. Captivating hordes of visitors every day, this temple is quite popular not just amongst Bangalore residents but also amongst tourists from everywhere.
Liked the maintenance of the temple. Very neat and clean. Unlike other temples flocked by Bangalore outsiders. Parking can be a tension during peak hours.
All QuestionsBull temple
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal