How to Reach Bengaluru
How to reach Bangalore
- By Air: Bangalore being the capital and a major city in the country, it is well connected to all cities in the country. Bangalore’s international airport gets daily flights coming to and leaving the city at regular intervals. The domestic airport also connects the city to all major cities in the country. Explore more Bangalore tours to experience the Silicon Valley of India.
- By Rail: The Yeshwantpur Junction and the City Railway Station connect Bangalore to major cities and towns in the country.
- By Road: State owned and private buses connect Bangalore to places around the city and outside the state through the large network of roads that pass through the city.
- By Metro: Metro stations are scattered throughout the city and you can easily reach most of your attractions through the metro line, called as Namma Metro, that connects to them.
- By Bus: They are the cheapest transport mediums available as they take you to most of the attractions around. Red AC Vajra buses travels within the city. The green Big10 deluxe buses connect to the suburbs.
- By Auto Rickshaw: Auto rickshaws are easily available throughout the city. They should run on their meters but sometimes that is not the practice followed. However, you should not board an auto that does not run on meter.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bengaluru. The most preferred mode of transport in Bengaluru is Car.
Average distance: 13.62 km Average time: 50.85 min
Car 43.05%Driving 53.06 min Walking 0.96 min Waiting 0.12 min Overall average time for 15.89 kms 54.13 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.19%Bus 49.24 min Walking 8.45 min Waiting 7.15 min Other 1.36 min Driving 1.36 min Motorbike 0.91 min Train 0.76 min Overall average time for 14.63 kms 69.24 min
Walking 6.44%Walking 20.58 min Bus 3.42 min Waiting 2.74 min Tram 1.58 min Train 1.32 min Bike 0.79 min Other 0.16 min Overall average time for 3.63 kms 30.58 min
Bike 22.03%Bike 43.42 min Walking 1.32 min Other 0.25 min Overall average time for 12.25 kms 44.98 min
Motorbike 9.49%Motorbike 40.79 min Walking 0.32 min Overall average time for 12.07 kms 41.11 min
Train/Metro 1.69%Train 34 min Walking 10 min Waiting 6.6 min Bus 3 min Overall average time for 19.4 kms 53.6 min