Lalbagh Botanical Garden10213 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lalbagh Main Gate, KH Road, Bangalore, Bengaluru, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8026578184
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
One of the main tourist attractions in Bengaluru, Lalbagh is an internationally renowned centre for botanical artwork, scientific study of plants and also conservation of plants. The lush green garden is spread over an area of 240 acres in the heart of the city with nearly 1,854 species of plants and 673 genera. The collection of the plants here has made it a veritable treasure house of plants. Originally commissioned by Hyder Ali, the ruler of Mysore, it was later finished by his son Tipu Sultan. Hyder Ali laid out this popular botanical garden and his son added horticultural wealth to them by importing trees and plants from countries all over the world.
Commissioned in the 18th century, it has acquired the subcontinent's largest collection of rare plants and India's first lawn-clock over the years. The garden features the famous glass house which hosts an annual flower show, it also houses India's largest collection of tropical plants, an aquarium and a lake within the premises.
Taking a leisurely walk around the whole grounds of the Lalbagh Botanical Garden is a refreshingly amazing experience and the tickets for Lalbagh Botanical Garden can be bought from the counter. Although Lalbagh Botanical Garden ticket prices cost very little, we recommend you to buy tickets for Lalbagh Botanical Garden from our tours listing as you would get a complete experience of the whole of Bangalore. Do check the site constantly to steals on the deals on for Lalbagh Botanical Garden tickets. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bengaluru itinerary 5 days.
Lalbagh Botanical Garden Travel Tips
- All major buildings and important locations in the garden are accessible through well laid out roads and pathways.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lalbagh Botanical Garden
- Adult: Rs. 10
- Children(Below 12): Free
- Entry for school children and the disabled is free all day.
- Flower Show Ticket prices during the week of Republic Day and Independence Day: Rs. 40 (On weekends and Public holidays - Rs. 50) and for children below 12 years- Rs. 10
- For the benefit of joggers, tourists and fitness enthusiasts, entry is free from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- For vehicle fees: Two Wheeler- Rs. 5, Car- Rs. 10, Tempo- Rs. 30, Bus- Rs. 80
Lalbagh Botanical Garden Hours
- For joggers, tourists and fitness enthusiasts, from 6:00 am to 9:00 am and from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
How to Reach Lalbagh Botanical Garden
- Hired taxi
- MTR- Idlis and Rassam
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bengaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bengaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bengaluru include Lalbagh Botanical Garden in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
49.82% of people start their Lalbagh Botanical Garden visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lalbagh Botanical Garden
94.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lalbagh Botanical Garden