Sangama At MekedaatuCurrently Open
- Address: Kanakpura, Karnataka India, Mugguru Forest, Karnataka 562126, Bengaluru Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Waterfront, River, Nature
Sangama is a unique place where Arkavati merges with Kaveri. From this point onwards, about 3.5 kilometers downstream, the river Kaveri flows through a deep and narrow gorge. Translated as 'goat's leap' from Kannada, this name was given to this place after an incident which is believed to have been witnessed by herdsmen in that area a long time ago. It is said that a goat was being chased by a tiger and in order to save its life, the goat leapt from one side of the gorge and managed to cross over the raging river below, whereas the tiger did not attempt to replicate this feat, and abandoned the chase. The point where the goat leapt has widened since then from erosion caused by the river Cauvery. Today, this place offers itself as an important weekend destination from Bangalore and a famous picnic spot.
Sangama At Mekedaatu Travel Tips
- Recommended to be visited during day time.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sangama At Mekedaatu
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Sangama At Mekedaatu
- Hire a taxi from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bengaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bengaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sangama At Mekedaatu Address: Kanakpura, Karnataka India, Mugguru Forest, Karnataka 562126, Bengaluru
- Sangama At Mekedaatu Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Sangama At Mekedaatu(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Sangama At Mekedaatu: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.73% of people who visit Bengaluru include Sangama At Mekedaatu in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
60% of people start their Sangama At Mekedaatu visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sangama At Mekedaatu
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sangama At Mekedaatu
People normally club together Nettigere Guruvayurappan Temple and Venkatappa Art Gallery while planning their visit to Sangama At Mekedaatu.
Sangama At Mekedaatu Reviews & Ratings
Pvt van is allowed for sangamAnswer Report Abuse