St. Marks Cathedral626 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1, M.G. Road, Near To Chinnaswami Stadium, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8022213633
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Cathedral
Founded in 1808, St. Mark’s cathedral is an important attraction of Bangalore. The Bishop of Calcutta consecrated this Cathedral in 1816 and since then it has continued to serve as a beautiful colonial structure with a graceful dome over a semi-circular chancel. As you visit this cathedral, you will be definitely enamoured of the roman archers that grace along the walls. This cathedral also boasts of being one of the best-maintained external bells. What makes this cathedral a special place to visit is that it was modelled along the lines of the 17th-century St Pauls Cathedral. The entrance has elaborate woodwork and ornate carvings coupled with majestically done ceilings and domes. Do visit this cathedral for a spiritual retreatan otherwise bustling city of Bangalore.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. Marks Cathedral
- Entry is free.
St. Marks Cathedral Hours
- For mass timings refer official website.
How to Reach St. Marks Cathedral
- By Bus: M G Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bengaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bengaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St. Marks Cathedral Address: 1, M.G. Road, Near To Chinnaswami Stadium, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
- St. Marks Cathedral Contact Number: +91-8022213633
- St. Marks Cathedral Timing: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Best time to visit St. Marks Cathedral(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit St. Marks Cathedral: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.35% of people who visit Bengaluru include St. Marks Cathedral in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
61.45% of people start their St. Marks Cathedral visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Marks Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Marks Cathedral
People normally club together Cubbon Park and The Taj West End while planning their visit to St. Marks Cathedral.
St. Marks Cathedral Reviews & Ratings
I need a copy of my marriage certificate my marriage date 11Jan 1975 at saint Marks Cathedral Bangalore India Hope to hear from you regarding this matter. Thank you Samson DavidAnswer Report Abuse
I would suggest calling the St. Mark's Cathedral on 080 2221 3633 regarding this.Report Abuse
I would like to know if it is possible to book the church for a wedding (if you are not part of the fellowship). How can I get details about cost, how to book, etc.?Answer Report Abuse
You may call on (080) 22213633 / 22214201 to inquire if St. Mark's Cathedral can be booked for a wedding.Report Abuse