St. Mary BasilicaCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Shivaji Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, Bengaluru, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8022865434
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Architecture
St. Mary Basilica - Review
A classic gothic architectural structure and one of the oldest churches of Bangalore. It is famous for the festivities held during the St. Mary's Feast in the month of September each year, an event that attracts a number of devotees from in and around Bangalore.
St. Mary Basilica Information
- Try and attend the Sunday march.
- The peace of religious place should be maintained at all times.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Photography without permission is prohibited.
How To reach St. Mary Basilica by Public Transport
- Hired Taxi
Restaurants Near St. Mary Basilica
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bengaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bengaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St. Mary Basilica
26.38% of people who visit Bengaluru include St. Mary Basilica in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
34.81% of people start their St. Mary Basilica visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Mary Basilica
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Mary Basilica
St. Mary Basilica Trips
St. Mary Basilica, Bengaluru Reviews
In all the chaos and excitement of Commercial Street, Russel Market and the immediate vicinity is the safe haven of St. Mary's Basilica. Peace and tranquility surround you and it's always buzzing with activity. I can vouch for a malayalam mass at 5 pm Saturday evening.
1. One of the oldest, biggest and beautiful church in Bengaluru. 2. This is a Roman Catholic Church. 3. It's located on a very busy road. 4. I guess this is a mini pilgrim centre for Christians in INDIA. 5. Very beautiful architecture specially from outside. 6. Full Church is devoted to Mother Mary and her miracles. 7. Being a Catholic I was more than happy and blessed to visit this church thereby getting the blessings of MY Mother Mary. 8. This Church is somewhat similar to our Mount Mary Church in Bandra Mumbai. 9. This Church is always open for its worshippers and believers. 10. St. TERESA OF CALCUTTA photos and statues were there.
This is really a great and peaceful place to visit. The architecture is designed so gracefully and beautifully. I visited here during Christmas and this place was decorated so beautifully and have maintained the crowd well. I would recommend not to bring your Car or vehicle here. This is at walkable distance from. Major bus stops . I would definitely recommend everybody to visit here once. 😊😊
This is one of the beautiful churches in Bangalore. Have been here on several occasions. This is also very famous and located in shivajinagar which is a hotspot for people love food. Pay a visit here and look for yourself how beautiful it is. It's quite near from commercial Street and as well you can visit spice market nearby.
Very nicely constructed church. Devoties are flocking there. Very nice place for prayer & Worship. Nicely maintained.