Venkatappa Art GalleryCurrently Closed
- Address: Kasturba Road, Cubbon Park, Gandhi Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9180-22864483
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Venkatappa Art Gallery - Review
Venkatappa Art Gallery is a perfect haven for art lovers and those who want to study it. Located on the famous Kasturba Road, this presents its visitors with an insight into the lives and past of artists whose works are showcased here. This gallery houses art-works belonging to 2000 BC till the medieval period. Dedicated to Venkatappa, a great painter who was born in the family of painters, this gallery is also filled with works of many world famous artists including those of M F Hussain, Yusuf Arakkal, N S Bendrem, Hariram, Hanumiah and others.
Venkatappa Art Gallery Ticket Prices
- Children: Rs 5/-
How To reach Venkatappa Art Gallery by Public Transport
- By Bus: Kasturba Road Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bengaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bengaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Venkatappa Art Gallery
0.88% of people who visit Bengaluru include Venkatappa Art Gallery in their plan
95% of people start their Venkatappa Art Gallery visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Venkatappa Art Gallery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Venkatappa Art Gallery
Venkatappa Art Gallery Trips
Venkatappa Art Gallery, Bengaluru Reviews
A great collection of works of Venkatappa. Ground floor is the collection, above floors are for display and exhibitions. The other buildings have historic collections- stones, idols, weapons, paintings, etc like a museum, which will take you through past of Karnataka and it's relationship with India.
6. Venkatappa Art Gallery, Kasturba Road The Venkatappa Art Gallery is located in the premises of the Karnataka Government Museum and is home to 600 odd painting across three floors which depict the rich art and culture of the city. The art gallery is named after K. Venkatappa, who was known for his water colour paintings, which showcased a sensible realism. The gallery exhibits the works of not only Venkatappa, but also the works of many others, which include stone sculptures, wood carvings and much more, which would keep you immersed for an entire day. PC: Pranav
Well maintained. Awesome to see the Art pieces. The materials used in creating these art are also displayed. Must see place.
VENKATAPPA ART GALLERY, BANGALORE : Situated in the same compound of Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum - Quite near to Cubbon Park - Named after the great painter of Karnataka, Sri. Venkatappa - Art-works belonging to the period 2000 BC to medieval era exhibited –Stone sculptures dating back to 12th century and paintings of famous artists like M F Hussain, Yusuf Arakkal, et-al are major attractions – Attracts artists and art lovers from all over Karnataka- A rare place of historic retreat .
It is located right in the heart of the city and has scope for including more collections, events etc. Considering the general standard of public art galleries in India, I guess we have to be grateful for what we have. Good for an hour or two.