Visveswaraya Industrial And Technological MuseumCurrently Closed
When in Bengaluru, learn everything you can about science and technology! Those of you with kids (8 years and above) this is the most innovative way of spending quality time together. Each of its floors are dedicated to a scientific discipline including Engine Hall, Electro Technical Gallery, Fun Science Gallery, Space Gallery, science for children gallery and other attractions. This is an interactive museum that helps kids understand the basic principles of science.
The Taramandal show for stars, the Dinosaur Model and loads of other do-it-yourself experiments that make learning science so much fun! For easy reading, the comments are jotted down in English. Take your kids along and spend some good 3 to 4 hours of fun science here. Activities for the visitors' include sky observation program, science demonstration show, popular science lecture and commemorative program. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bengaluru itinerary 5 days.
- Photography is allowed.
- Ideal for kids and science enthusiasts.
- General Visitors : Rs.40/-
- Organised school groups : Rs.20/-
- Organised Govt./Municipal school groups : Rs.10/-
- BPL Category on production of valid BPL card : Rs.5/-
- 3D show for general public : Rs.25/-
- 3D show for Organised school groups : Rs.20/-
- 3D show for Govt./Municipal school groups: Rs.10/-
- Taramandal for general public : Rs.10/-
- Taramandal for Organised school groups : Rs.10/-
- Taramandal for Govt./Municipal school groups: : Rs.5/-
- SDL for general public : Rs.10/-
- SDL for Organised school groups : Rs.10/-
- SDL for Govt./Municipal school groups: Rs.5/-
- SOS (Science On A Sphere) for general public : Rs.25/-
- SOS for Organised school groups : Rs.20/-
- SOS for Govt./Municipal school groups: Rs.10/-
- Entry to the Museum is free for the army, navy, air-force and police personnel in uniform and the physically challenged and children below 5 years of age.
- Closed : Ganesha Chathurthi and Deepavali
- Hired taxi
- CCD lounge
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bengaluru before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bengaluru and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.52% of people who visit Bengaluru include Visveswaraya Industrial And Technological Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
57.92% of people start their Visveswaraya Industrial And Technological Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Visveswaraya Industrial And Technological Museum
94.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Visveswaraya Industrial And Technological Museum
Excellent place... My kids, even younger one who is only 6 yrs enjoyed the place. (She was not like other kids that they want to press all the buttons and rotate all handles). We will be returning again soon. Now, it can be a lot bigger. More interactive guide driven activities can be added. 3D theater can be bigger free and continues movies could be running. Some Indian documentary of achievement s could be played instead
Very good museum for science students of all ages and science enthusiasts as well. Basic concepts of physics and how things work including engines, aircraft, rockets etc are explained using models. Some of the models are not functional. The museum could really do with a guided tour with a trained person explaining the exhibits. The school groups should definitely have a science teacher explaining the exhibits to reinforce the theoretical inputs provided in the classes. However, saw a large school group just roaming around with nobody explaining.
It is a very good place for kids and students... There are lot of fun and knowledge giving things available here... Ticket rate is 50 per head, worth enough... Need 3 to 4 hrs required for cover completely... A canteen (average quality) is available on the top floor... Snack Bar also available here...
Museum has wonderful description of science and technology. Newly constructed space department is very good. I love spending time there. It requires one day to visit the museum completely. So schedule your time accordingly. Must must must visit if you are in Banglore.
Great place of learning. Did not see any guide. Have to get many exhibits into working condition. To have more interactive spots like the Wright bros simulator. Keep up the good work