Bangkok is the capital city of Thailand and a fast-growing city scaling new heights in terms of economy. But to the tourist it is so much more! Bangkok holidays are always something to remember by and we know why! A tour to Bangkok will rejuvenate your tired souls for sure.
Bangkok Tourism is always booming. The beaches, the exotic food, the eccentric shows, the temples, the palaces, the amazing modes of transport and the amazing mixture of culture and fun are sure to make Bangkok holidays memorable for just about anyone. Whether you are the beach-bum types or the shopaholic, whether you are the culture seeker or the party-lover, Bangkok has something to offer to everyone. There are many things to do at night in Bangkok i.e nightclubs, shopping markets and food streets where you can enjoy with your friends. The days are sunny and beautiful and the night-life is lively and flamboyant. Moreover, there is never a dearth of things to do in Bangkok. What more could a tourist ask for? It is perhaps for this amazing versatility that the city is often referred to as a tourist paradise. This exotic land is both inviting and exciting so get your Bangkok Tourism guide and get ready for the ride of a lifetime.For that checkout when is the best time to visit Bangkok to explore.
Apart from all the glamour that you would expect from a city in Thailand, there are also ancient sites that adorn the city of Bangkok. To relax, there are also modern shopping malls that have a kitschy yet high-end ambience. A visit to Bangkok can be simply overwhelming as its energy glares you in the face. Bangkok also serves as a gateway to many other parts of Thailand. From here, go to Phuket, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui, and other popular destinations. Visit this oriental city to see how glamour and glitz can ultimately change the color of a nation’s tourism.Refer this Bangkok Itinerary 6 Days to plan an awesome trip.
Essential travel information and Bangkok tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Standard time zone:UTC/GMT +7 hours. No daylight saving time at the moment in Bangkok.
- Currency: The currency of Bangkok is Thai Baht.
- Electricity: The electricity in Thailand is 220 volts, 50 cycles/sec. Most receptacles in Thailand are two prong, missing the third grounding/earthing prong at the bottom. However, the newest office and condominium dwellings usually offer the third prong due to increased awareness of the importance of grounding for both safety and equipment damage reasons.
- Internet: Broadband Internet is readily available in major cities and towns, including Bangkok.
- Language: Thai is the official language of Thailand.
- Emergency contacts: Police 191, Crime 195, Fire 199, Tourist Police 1699, Tourist service centre 1155
- From the moment you arrive, you're sure to notice the customary greeting of palms pressed together in a prayer-like bow. Always return the gesture, and the higher your hands are pressed towards your face, the more respect you'll show.
- The first rule of Bangkok shopping: If there’s no barcode or set price, get haggling. It’s expected. However, instead of adopting a confrontational attitude, try the gracious, smiley “what’s your best price, my friend?” approach.
- Unlike Rome or Paris, Bangkok is not an eminently walkable city. Rather, making the most of this daunting sprawl of crowds, commerce and culture takes planning.
- Whether it is an impromptu demand from a local policeman or a request from security at one of the city’s swanky nightspots, carrying ID is a must in Thailand.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bangkok
Save 5%Wonderful Pearl Dinner Cruise
2 Hrs2 Reviews
Save 5%Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok
9 Hrs1295 Reviews
Save 5%Floating Markets Day Trip from Bangkok
6 Hrs517 Reviews
Save 5%Bangkok Food Tour of Bang Rak with Local Guide
4 Hrs116 Reviews
Save 5%Bangkok by Night: Temples, Markets and Food by Tuk-Tuk
4 Hrs364 Reviews
Save 5%Shore Excursion: Full-day Bangkok City Tour from Laem Chabang Port
10 Hrs32 Reviews