One of the oldest zoos in Thailand, this place is certainly a very interesting site. This zoo is situated near the royal palace. The zoo premises were a part of the private garden belonging to King Chulalongkorn Rama V. After the death of the king, the park was given over to the Bangkok government for the benefit of the public. You will be able to find giraffes, elephants as well as chimpanzees along with a great variety of wildlife. The zoo consists of 12 sprawling acres of water. You can take a paddle boat and cruise around it or feed the fish. This place is absolutely perfect for a relaxed family outing.
Dusit Zoo Travel Tips
- The zoo is best known for its collection of gibbons and hippos.
- You can try feeding the fish - Paddle boating can also be enjoyed.
- No public transport that will take you directly to the zoo but you can take the sky train to Victory Monument and then take taxi for rest ofthe way.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dusit Zoo
- Adults: 150 B
- Child: 70 B
How to Reach Dusit Zoo
- Subway: Phaya Thai exit 3 & taxi
- Ferry: Thewet Pier
- Focal Local bed and Breakfast
- Lemon seed room
- Baan Chantra
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bangkok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bangkok and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.79% of people who visit Bangkok include Dusit Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.14% of people start their Dusit Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Dusit Zoo
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dusit Zoo