Events and Festivals in Bangkok
- Songkran: For a week every April Thailand celebrates the New Year and Bangkok transforms into a mysteriously empty and almost traffic-free city as the entire country participates in friendly water fights.
- The King’s Birthday: Celebrated on December 5, this festival celebrates the birthday of their monarch, who has been the King of Thailand since 1946. Fireworks are traditionally released near the Grand Palace in an impressive display, and the streets of the city’s center are decorated in his honor.
- Loy Krathong: On the night of the first full moon in November, the Thai people send small decorative floats, often on banana leaves, into the water as a symbolic offering to the gods to cleanse bad luck.
- International Festival of Music & Dance: Starting in mid-September or early October (depending on the year), this annual arts festival brings acclaimed opera, ballet, jazz, and performance artists from around the world to Thailand.
- Chinese New Year: A weeklong celebration in late January, the lunar New Year brings together the Thai-Chinese people. Visitors during this time who stop by Chinatown will find traditional dragon parades, acrobat performances, and firework shows.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bangkok
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bangkok
Save 15%Wonderful Pearl Dinner CruiseNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Enjoy the fascinating cultural heritage of Thailand as you cruise past some of the most beautiful landmarks of Bangkok along ...
Save 4%Private Tour: Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok171 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Take a private tour to get a glimpse of everyday life on the water in Thailand. Cruise along the Bangkok canals in a narrow, ...
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok1201 Reviews
Duration: 9 Hrs
Visit the Ayutthaya temples on a cultural day trip from Bangkok, it's a highlight of any Thailand visit. The tour to the anci...Book Now
Save 4%Bangkok Food Tour109 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
This Bangkok tour serves up to 10 tastings of delectable Thai foodand drink at approximately 7 unique locations! From street ...