Events and Festivals in Bangkok
- Songkran: For a week every April Thailand celebrates the New Year and Bangkok transforms into a mysteriously empty and almost traffic-free city as the entire country participates in friendly water fights.
- The King’s Birthday: Celebrated on December 5, this festival celebrates the birthday of their monarch, who has been the King of Thailand since 1946. Fireworks are traditionally released near the Grand Palace in an impressive display, and the streets of the city’s center are decorated in his honor.
- Loy Krathong: On the night of the first full moon in November, the Thai people send small decorative floats, often on banana leaves, into the water as a symbolic offering to the gods to cleanse bad luck.
- International Festival of Music & Dance: Starting in mid-September or early October (depending on the year), this annual arts festival brings acclaimed opera, ballet, jazz, and performance artists from around the world to Thailand.
- Chinese New Year: A weeklong celebration in late January, the lunar New Year brings together the Thai-Chinese people. Visitors during this time who stop by Chinatown will find traditional dragon parades, acrobat performances, and firework shows.
Trip plans for Bangkok
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bangkok
Bangkok Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bangkok
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok1196 Reviews
Duration: 9 Hrs
Visit the Ayutthaya temples on a cultural day trip from Bangkok, it's a highlight of any Thailand visit. The tour to the anci...Book Now
6-Hour Best of Bangkok City Tour including Lunch114 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
This 6 hour tour is the perfect way to see Bangkok. We go to all the major sites in Bangkok including Wat Pho, The Grand Pala...Book Now
11-Day Thailand and Laos Adventure Tour from Bangkok1 Reviews
Duration: 11 Days
This 13-day small group adventure tour starts in Bangkok and loops into Northern Thailand and Laos with a little bit of every...Book Now
Save 9%Bangkok Dinner Cruise on the Chao Phraya River533 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Enjoy Bangkok at night on a 2.5-hour dinner cruise along the Chao Phraya River. See two of the citys top attractions the Tem...
- Events & Festivals in Bang Rak
- Events & Festivals in Ratchathewi
- Events & Festivals in Din Daeng
- Events & Festivals in Watthana
- Events & Festivals in Huai Khwang
- Events & Festivals in Phaya Thai