Events and Festivals in Bangkok
- Songkran: For a week every April Thailand celebrates the New Year and Bangkok transforms into a mysteriously empty and almost traffic-free city as the entire country participates in friendly water fights.
- The King’s Birthday: Celebrated on December 5, this festival celebrates the birthday of their monarch, who has been the King of Thailand since 1946. Fireworks are traditionally released near the Grand Palace in an impressive display, and the streets of the city’s center are decorated in his honor.
- Loy Krathong: On the night of the first full moon in November, the Thai people send small decorative floats, often on banana leaves, into the water as a symbolic offering to the gods to cleanse bad luck.
- International Festival of Music & Dance: Starting in mid-September or early October (depending on the year), this annual arts festival brings acclaimed opera, ballet, jazz, and performance artists from around the world to Thailand.
- Chinese New Year: A weeklong celebration in late January, the lunar New Year brings together the Thai-Chinese people. Visitors during this time who stop by Chinatown will find traditional dragon parades, acrobat performances, and firework shows.
Trip plans for Bangkok
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bangkok
Bangkok Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bangkok
Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok478 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Experience rural Thai culture and explore the canal waterways outside the capital on this 6-hour day trip to the Damnoen Sadu...Book Now
Bangkok by Night: Temples, Markets and Food by Tuk-Tuk300 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Ride a tuk-tuk past Bangkoks iconic sites as you tour the city at night. This 4-hour tour loops along the Chao Phraya River, ...Book Now
Save 9%Bangkok Dinner Cruise on the Chao Phraya River530 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Enjoy Bangkok at night on a 2.5-hour dinner cruise along the Chao Phraya River. See two of the citys top attractions the Tem...
Save 7%Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok238 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Combine a cruise through the Floating Markets with a visit to Bridge on the River Kwai on this full-day guided tour from Bang...
- Events & Festivals in Bang Muang Mai
- Events & Festivals in Nonthaburi
- Events & Festivals in Bang Muang
- Events & Festivals in Nong Prue
- Events & Festivals in Chon Buri Post Office
- Events & Festivals in Rua Yai
- Events & Festivals in Pattaya
- Events & Festivals in Saraburi Tire Center
- Events & Festivals in Kanchanaburi
- Events & Festivals in Phuket
- Events & Festivals in Krabi
- Events & Festivals in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Events & Festivals in Hua Hin
- Events & Festivals in Ko Samui
- Events & Festivals in Chiang Rai