How to Reach Bangkok
The Easiest Way to Reach Bangkok
HOW TO GET TO BANGKOK
- By Air: Suvarnabhumi Airport and Don Muang Airport connect Bangkok to the rest of the world. Suvarnabhumi Airport is used by all airlines in Thailand except for Nok Air, Orient Thai and Air Asia, which use the old Don Muang Airport. Both these airports are about 30 km (19 mi) from the city centre. From these airports you can get the Airport Rail Link in order to reach the centre.
- By Train: The State Railway of Thailand serves Bangkok with railway lines from all four directions of Thailand. Hualamphong Train Station connects Bangkok to the rest of Thailand. It's a big and convenient station that was built during the reign of King Rama VI.
- By Bus: Buses to and from other parts of Thailand including Pattaya, Krabi, Phuket and Ko Samui and also to neighbouring countries operate in Bangkok. There are three major bus terminals in Bangkok; the Northern Bus Terminal, also known as Mo Chit, the Eastern Bus Terminal, also known as Ekkamai and the Southern Bus Terminal, also known as Sai Tai.
HOW TO GET AROUND BANGKOK
- By Taxi: Hiring a taxi is the most comfortable way to get around Bangkok. The prices remain affordable for the tourists. However, do keep in mind that Bangkok is a really crowded city to drive around.
- By BTS: The Bangkok Transit System has been in service since a couple of years. The BTS connects you easily with most places of interest in the city.
- By MRT: Also like the BTS the Mass Rail Transportation System is operating since a couple of years. The Metro has one line which connects you from the train station hualomphong to Bang Sue.
- By Motorbike Taxi: If you know how to drive a bike then it is a great alternative for a short distance ride since they get through between the cars. They are cheap, quick and adventurous.
- By Tuk Tuk: Tuks Tuks are the local transport systems available in Bangkok. They are cheap and you can get them from anywhere in the city.
Modes of Transportation in Bangkok
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bangkok. The most preferred mode of transport in Bangkok is Car.
Average distance: 17.1 km Average time: 45.72 min
Car 59.18%Driving 55.17 min Waiting 1.03 min Walking 0.86 min Overall average time for 22.73 kms 57.07 min
Train/Metro 8.16%Train 26.25 min Other 5 min Walking 4.75 min Waiting 3.5 min Overall average time for 19 kms 39.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 2.04%Bus 12 min Walking 6 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 5 kms 22 min
Walking 18.37%Walking 12.22 min Motorbike 2.22 min Train 1.89 min Waiting 1.78 min Other 0.89 min Overall average time for 3.17 kms 19 min
Motorbike 6.12%Motorbike 30 min Walking 2.33 min Overall average time for 6 kms 32.33 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Ko Pha Ngan
- How To Reach Chiang Mai
- Cities Near Bangkok
- How To Reach Phuket
- How To Reach Pattaya
- How To Reach Krabi
- How To Reach Ko Phi Phi Don
- How To Reach Hua Hin
- How To Reach Ko Samui
- How To Reach Chiang Rai
- How To Reach Ko Tao
- How To Reach Hat Yai
- How To Reach Kanchanaburi