Jim Thompson House20213 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 6 Soi Kasemsan 2, Rama 1 Rd, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-22167368
- Ticket Price: 200 THB
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids
The Thai silk industry owes a lot to an American man who was called Jim Thompson. After offering his services to military and also to the tourism and hotel industry, he turned to silks and took the decision of permanently settling in Bangkok. This led to the silk Textile industry in Thailand to flourish like never before. Due to this, a trip to his old residence is sure to be a very significant step in understanding the trade history of Thailand. The Jim Thompson house is a perfect example of a traditional teakwood Thai house. Here, you will find a variety of Thai artifacts that he has collected from his time. His own collection of many rare cultural artifacts as well as his history with the country is sure to leave you enthralled.
Jim Thompson House is one of the attractions added in one day in Bangkok trip. Must visit this awesome attraction. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Bangkok itinerary 6 days.
Jim Thompson House Travel Tips
- Don’t forget to view the Thai artifacts collected by him.
- Train is the best mode of transportation.
- Children below 9 years of age will get bored here.
- There are compulsory tours every 2 hours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jim Thompson House
- Adults: 150 baht
- Students: 100 baht
How to Reach Jim Thompson House
- National Stadium
- Subway: National Stadium exit 1
- Ferry: Klorng boat to Sapan Hua Chang Pier
- Cafe 9
- Thompson Bar and Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bangkok before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bangkok and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.83% of people who visit Bangkok include Jim Thompson House in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
50.76% of people start their Jim Thompson House visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jim Thompson House
91.19% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jim Thompson House