Are you looking for what to do in Bangkok?
There are so many places to visit in Bangkok you will be spoilt for choice! Be sure to visit the Bangkok Floating Market which is a huge crowd puller.
Also To save time, be sure to inform your Bangkok vacation planner what kind of tourist you are; cultural, adventurous or otherwise. Other than that, there are some interesting Bangkok tourist attractions that are not to be missed.Things to do in Bangkok with kids
- Safari World Bangkok: This sprawling park is divided in to a Marine and a Safari Park. It is a whole lot of fun for families and kids who get to spend time with animals and sea life.
- Lumphini Park: Bangkok’s largest park is perfect for those looking for a getaway from the typical places that fall under Bangkok sightseeing. You can just relax and spend some quiet time here. It’s also a good place to take photographs.
- Jim Thompson House: Discover the incredible collection of Jim Thompson at this museum that holds some great Thai structures collected from all around the country. The exotic artifacts are worth a look for sure.
- Khao Yai National Park: The wildlife of Thailand finds an excellent haven of refuge in this place. The biodiversity of the place is certainly surprising and a visit to the National Park is sure to acquaint you with the natural wealth that the country is blessed with.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market: At Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, you will find many souvenirs and trinkets. The vibrant colours and smells are sure to fascinate anyone and everyone.
- Dusit Zoo: You will be able to find giraffes, elephants as well as chimpanzees along with a great variety of wildlife. The zoo consists of 12 sprawling acres of water.
- Dusit Park: Dusit Park is a truly wonderful escape from the modern crowded tourist attractions of the city of Bangkok.
- Chao Phraya River: This is the main artery of water that flows through Bangkok.
- Tha Tien Pier: ThaTien Prier is a very beautiful place that helps you get to two of the most important tourist attraction in Bangkok namely Wat Pho temple and Wat Arun.
- Royal Barges Museum: In this Royal Barges Museum, visitors can see the ships as well as learn how the river was navigated by the royalty in 1700s.
- Grand Palace Bangkok : Out of all the places to visit in Bangkok, this tourist attraction is huge, so be ready to spend half your day here. Here you will find the Wat Phra Kaew, which is the Thailand’s most sacred temple. Worshippers come here just to see the Grand Palace and other people who are non worshippers also come to see the place. It is one of the serene Bangkok tourist places and a great place for the cultural traveler.
- Wat Pho Reclining Buddha: Contains a Buddha image that is the largest in the world, millions come to see the image. If you are a Buddhist or interested in Buddhism, this should be a part of your Bangkok itinerary.
- Wat Phra Kaew: One of the most important temples in Bangkok, Wat Phra Kew is an important site in Bangkok. Discover the grandiose of the Emerald Buddha and watch how the beautiful temple leaves you in complete awe.
- Wat Arun: Also known as Wat Chaeng, Wat Arun is one of the most spectacular temples in Bangkok. Distinctly different from the other temples in Bangkok, this temple by the river stands out for its design and ambaince.
- Wat Ratchanadda: Best known for Lohra Prasat, Wat Ratchanadda is a beautiful temple that is in the line to become a World Heritage Structure.
- Wat Saket: The Golden Mount or Wat Saket might be the simpler cousin of the other more famous temples but it is quite a sight to behold. It is best known for it's golden pagoda.
- Wat Benchamabophit: This marble temple is one of the most prettiest sights you will come across in Bangkok. It's ornate style has attracted many art and architecturelovers from all around world.
- Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall: This reception hall is situated within the Dusit Palace and now acts as a museum and is used as a venue for special state ocassions. It's neo classical and Renaissance style is a welcome contrast to Bangkok's other sites.
- Erawan Shrine: Check out the Thai manifestation of Lord Brahma in the form of the Erawan Shrine. There are a number of performances that take place here regularly.
- Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute: If you are a fan of snakes, you cannot miss this site. The educational snake show encourages interaction with snakes and is quite informative and entertaining.
- Thonburi Bangkok: Thonburi has stayed still in time. Discover the real Bangkok in its true ramshackle charm at this old Bangkok capital.
- Wat Suthat: Known for its 25-foot-tall Phra Sri Sakyamuni Buddha statue, Wat Suthat is a humble yet beautiful place that is full of peace.
- The National Museum: The National Museum in Bangkok is the main branch of museums in Thailand which has displays an astonishing variety of Thai art, history and culture of the people of Thailand.
- Democracy Monument: The Democracy monument is always open to the public. It is located in the centre of Bangkok. The monument becomes the focal point of the grand European style boulevard.
- Vimanmek Palace: Vimanmek Mansion is a royal Palace in the city of Bangkok. It is also termed as Vimanmek Palace. The mansion is located in the Dusit Palace complex in the Dusit district.
China Town: China Town is one of the most popular destinations for tourists in Bangkok. It has an amazing collection of clothes for anyone who loves shopping and mouth-watering street food all the foodies.Things to do in Bangkok at night
If you would like to get out at night then there are many places to see in Bangkok and you will definitely enjoy every moment and there are a lot of fun things to do in Bangkok. But do use caution and be careful at night. Make sure you have the Bangkok Tourist information numbers with you at all times. Have a look at the following activities in Bangkok.
- Cabaret Show: Calypso- here you will get to watch the performance of the famous Bangkok Lady-boys. The show is slick and the choreography is good. Good for anyone looking for fun. It is one of the best thing to do for kids in Bangkok as they love dancing on hiphop cabret style music. A true Bangkok vacation is incomplete without watching a good cabaret. The Bangkok itinerary planner notes this suitable only for youngsters and adults.
- Cinema: The big screens here mostly show English movies. If you are craving some movie magic you will get some in every multiplex. The smaller theatres show Thai movies that also might be an experience worth having.
- Sky Bar: Sky Bar is one of the most famous restaurants in the city of Bangkok and is located on the sixty-third floor of The Dome at Lebua.
- Patpong: Patpong is mostly regarded is the red light district in the heart of Bangkok which is very much famous for its sex industry.
Below we have a list of things to do in Bangkok and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bangkok getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bangkok with confidence.