Spinnies Aberogwen4 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bangor LL57 3YH, UK, United Kingdom Map
- Phone: +44-1248351541
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature
Located on the edge of the Menai Strait at the mouth of the River Ogwan, the Spinnies Nature Reserve is a mosaic of wetland and woodland adjacent to the Ogwan Estuary and the Traeth Lavan. Traeth Lavan is a birding paradise with over 185 species of birds including the ducks, little egret, kingfishers and waders such as Greenshank, Oystercatchers, Curlew and Wigeon. There are two hides that overlook the Lagoons and the Menai Straitland. The juxtaposition of the marshy lagoon, estuary and the intertidal mud of the Lavan Sands favour breeding of a plethora of birds. Apart from the birds, there are a number of insects and native animals in the forest, which will give you a great opportunity of wildlife watching. The Neo-Norman Penrhyn Castle built in the early 19th century is another attraction of this reserve.
How to Reach Spinnies Aberogwen
- Rented Car / Taxi
- Cover on foot
- Spinnies Aberogwen Address: Bangor LL57 3YH, UK, United Kingdom
- Spinnies Aberogwen Contact Number: +44-1248351541
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!